DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get a pair of these thrown on my ride next week. Yeah I know they are rice, but I think they look cool. There seem to be a lot of brands that make these... are there any real difference between the brands or are they all pretty much the same?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
i wouldnt suggest APC. They make everything else nice but their nozzle LED's look like hell....or the ones i have seen on my friends car did. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
how are ya gonna clean yer windshield? :)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The windshield nozzle LEDs replace your existing nozzles. They not only shoot out a red or a blue beam of light, they can actually squirt water out of them as well. ;) ;)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All of the brands this one place had... they were chrome colored.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and to save the trouble... the place im getting them from would install them for $35 for me. Beats doing it myself.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh.... im getting blue.... your going to get a white LED? Hmmmmm..... What about red for you? Blue would look like **** against your paint, but red may go.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by DjPiLL:
Oh.... im getting blue.... your going to get a white LED? Hmmmmm..... What about red for you? Blue would look like **** against your paint, but red may go.
I was debating between red and white, but I think the red is illegal in the state of Michigan (can't have any red on the front of the car). Also, I wanted some contrast between the light and the paint. The only option would be the white, since blue, yellow, and green would look like **** against my paint.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats actually a good point.... I wonder if blue is illegal in NY? If it is I may not get it. Yellow.... hmmm that sounds interesting. Ill have to check it out.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually... its more likely true that Blue and Red is illegal country-wide. Looks like I will not be getting Blue. I do not need to attract any more attention. Just what I need is to have a cop pull me over for the lights, then give me a second ticket for my tints.

Maybe ill get Amber. Anyone have a decent site online where i can see colors of these?

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually I found a bunch on ebay... and it doesnt look like ill be getting blue now. Its very illegal. Funny thing is I was supposed to have this installed this past weekend when the audio place put my viper in, but since it took them 4 hours to install the viper, they didnt have time to install the nozzle LEDs.

Now either im gonna get yellow, or maybe just white. Definitely not blue or red. I did see a purple and green LED online. I wonder how they would look.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Jeez, DJ...how long were you there after I dropped you off? Not long I hope! I had to work with sheetrock at my brothers till late into the evening. Not too fun! ;)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
5:30. Go figure.

Tony said the Viper install was such a pain in the ass, he ended up doing it himself.

He still has to add trunk capability to the remote so I have to go back there at some point.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I know red is nice and illegal. I have red parking/blinker lights and i have red fog lamps...im suprised i havent gotten a ticket. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I was in Advance Auto, and There's this one brand of windshield nozzle that will not only make your car look cool. but it will also make your car about 45% faster....."Atlease that's what most people think. and you know who these poeple are". The name brand was "Type R" I left out the store LMAO............ :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
I know blue is probably illegal here in Pa. also, but it looks so cool, I have the blue led's on my front/rear plates also.. Got them off of e-bay for $12.00..

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I was looking into those.. Im still thinking about them, they are kinda sweet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts