DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:devil:
Has anybody had a problem with second gen intrepids and the windshield wiper intermittent system? They work fine on high and low, but sometimes on int. they pause, then do 2 or 3 swipes consecutively, then go back to normal for a while.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Just these last couple rainstorms have I noticed that. But it's nowhere near annoying. It was almost seem like it would skip a beat, but then when it finally wiped (on the second time it's suppose to wipe), it would wipe twice right in a row to make up for that one that it skipped. But it would only do this once per car trip, that's all.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's nothing i'd go nuts over but sometimes i'd really like it if it didn';t, i was just wondering if anyone had ever had it repaired and what exactly caused it.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Ive noticed that on mine. I also noticed that if you turn them off when they are on your windshield, like sticking strait up, they stay there and dont move. They used to go back down in that position if you turned off the power.

--Gorm

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's also happened to me a couple times, it gets aggravating after a while.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Could it be a bad ground??? Not sure, but I had probs in my Aries with wipers sometimes working and sometimes not, attached a new ground wire and they worked fine :)

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A bad ground sounds very possible, but what ground would i be lookin for? any ideas?

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
A bad ground sounds very possible, but what ground would i be lookin for? any ideas?
I'm not a windshield wiper expert... but I'm thinking either there is a ground near your wiper motor, or near your wiper switch that is crapped out. :crazy:

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
I have a first gen, but this might be applicable to you. One day, it was raining, and I was using the windshield wipers (obviously.) Since I have a two hour round-trip commute, I noticed that they started acting funny, wiping sporadically. Over the length of the trip, I noticed that the problem only got worse, and I noticed a slight burning smell. When I got home, I completely forgot about it until I left for work that night. When I switched on the lights, only my high beams would work, no matter how many times I switched from high to low. Occasionally, the lights would go completely off. I remembered reading on this forum that such a problem was indicative of a failure of the multi-function switch (read: turn signal thingie.) I had to replace it, and the part was about $120 from a local Dodge dealership. Good luck in finding out what the cause of your problem is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a problem with mine too. When I turn them on they won't turn off. The delay doesn't work either. I have to keep turning them on then off, on then off, a whole bunch of times. I try to time them so I turn them off when they get to the bottom off the windshield. It's the biggest hassle ever. When I had my car in about a month ago the guy said that it was common for the wiper motors to go bad in these cars. I think it did this last winter so it seems to be a cold weather thing. It warmed up a little here and it was fine but then it got cold and its doing it again.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have the same problem. It can get scarry when you get something splashed on your windshield and when you turn on your wipers, THEY DON"T TURN ON!! I've almost been in an accident because of this. I just found out this week that the control arm has to be replaced. We'll see if it's fixed after that! I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I read in the second gen general discussion post that the wiper motor was the route of this evil problem, but get back when you know if the control arm fixes it, there's like a dozen people who have this problem on this site.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Mine just started acting up a couple of days ago!!!GRRRR!:mad: :angry: :mad: :angry: :mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts