DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a beautiful Wednesday afternoon. I had just dropped off my bro from our 3-day golf trip in Southern Cali. I was in the car all by myself (just the way I like it). He lives in Modesto about 100 miles east of Santa Clara. I usually make the trip in 1 1/2 hours. I wanted to break my world record of 1hr 15min.

I come to the windy roads and I try to get out in front of all the slow cars so that they wouldnt slow me down. So I did. I was going about 70mph through curves (two-way hwy) that were meant to be 35mph turns. Out of nowhere a Ford Contour (special edition SHC I think) pulls right in front of me.... so I waited for the right time to pass. I passed him. He kept on my ass for about 2 minutes.... he kept flashing his lights for me to move out of his way but I knew that I could push my R/T to handle the turns at a higher speed. After about 5 more curves he got smaller and smaller in my rear view...killed that ford. Of course if I had my family with me I would have never put their lives in danger but I couldn’t pass up the chance to see just how good that performance handling works.....I have to say.....I loved my car a little more that day....and I didn’t beat my record...I made it in 1hr 25min....(I got rush hr traffic next to home, damn silicon valley)
;)

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Contour SHC? I am a Ford guy at heart, and I have never heard of that. Perhaps it was an SVT? If so, those are great little cars. 200hp 2.5L V6, awesome suspension set up, those things really stick.

Believe it or not, with the specs on those machines, its definatley a driver's race.

Ford Cotour SVT
2.5L 200hp 24v V6

0-60 = 6.9s
1/4 = [email protected]

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're absolutely correct.....I wasnt sure what kind of special package ford has for the contours....I think it was definatetly a drivers race because I was pushing the r/t pretty hard down those turns.....

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Ford HAD that package. The Contour is no longer in existance in North America do to low sales volume. (In Europe it is known as the Mondeo and originated there.)

Ford has replaced the small car SVT with a version of the Focus ZX3. 170hp little screamer. Should prove to be pretty nice, if you are into that type of thing.

·
Registered
973 Posts
l8rpony - I tried to send you an Email, but your address is blocked. You have chrome wheels? Aftermarket, or did you have your R/T wheels chromed? Sure would like to see 'em.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
The Contour SVT's were awesome. Yeah, they were based on Mondeo...as is the Cougar. They were thinking of using the Contour SVT setup on the Cougar a while back, of course, they never did. Ford has their heads up their asses.

I was seriously considering looking at the Focus SVT's when they came out. They did a really subtle job on the exterior...perfect sleeper! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts