DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i like snow, and i like drifting, and damn l love my intrepid, so i mixed them all, and the turnout was 180's, 360's, and killer insane drifts, me and a guy at work had a great time, we got completely sideways, and thanks to my driving i pulled out of it and went to the next drift, it was the best driving done around here, the down fall is on the first one of the night, i came around a corner too fast, and e braked to late, i slid straight for a telephone pole and a gaurdrail at the same spot, well i cut it to the right and freakin floored it, damn, she pulled out of it more then the freiken abs did, lol, it woulda wrecked my trep for sure, lol. but over all it was fun, wish i coulda taken some vids, but its at night, camera sux, and no where to really take a vid, the inside would be boring, and outside would be risky, and suck. lol

·
Registered
232 Posts
well i like snow, and i like drifting, and damn l love my intrepid, so i mixed them all, and the turnout was 180's, 360's, and killer insane drifts, me and a guy at work had a great time, we got completely sideways, and thanks to my driving i pulled out of it and went to the next drift, it was the best driving done around here, the down fall is on the first one of the night, i came around a corner too fast, and e braked to late, i slid straight for a telephone pole and a gaurdrail at the same spot, well i cut it to the right and freakin floored it, damn, she pulled out of it more then the freiken abs did, lol, it woulda wrecked my trep for sure, lol. but over all it was fun, wish i coulda taken some vids, but its at night, camera sux, and no where to really take a vid, the inside would be boring, and outside would be risky, and suck. lol

And your wanting to sell it?

Seriously, No wonder the car has so many problems.

And you "best Driving around here":9lame:

Ha! that makes me laugh. I seriously want to flame you:banghead:, but hey, You are just a kid:crying: more and likely.

Maybe one day, in the real world,. you might be able to stop watching real drivers, and may venture out.

But I doubt it.

I also ment o add,

You can not ever, truly drift a FWD car.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Im pretty good with the e-brake too. I love slidin around in the snow. fun ****.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
and people wonder why insurance rates are so high... f'in boneheads "drifting" in 4 door sedans.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
My insurence is actually pretty low. Im sure when 96_ started this thread it wasnt so people would ***** about it. If you dont like it then dont do it yourself and dont tell us about it.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Drifting is stupid. I'm not gonna lie, I've done it, but its not fun when every other car out there can do it.

Don't 1st Gen Treps have a Buick style parking brake? Where you have to press it again to release it? If they do, then I will give you some minor props for being able to "drift" with it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
damn, lots of posts and hostility, but yea, drifting is fun, and yes you can drift in a fwd car, and yes it has the ebrake like a buick, you have to know how to use it right, but today, not even drifting, my car hit a tree, its an uphill curve, i was goin up slowly and the front end gave out, and hit a tree bout 5 mph, and bent the frame smashing the pcm, what a retarded place for it, but that car is dead, wont run, so now, im getting a first gen eagle vision! i think its a 3.3, ill find out tomarrow, and its loaded, white, and just a lil inperfections, and even if its a parts car to fix the trep, its worth 65 bucks.

·
Registered
308 Posts
drifting is with RWD...FWD just slides around corners. when you actually drift a car the tires are speeding it up not slowing it down

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
drifting is with RWD...FWD just slides around corners. when you actually drift a car the tires are speeding it up not slowing it down
Exactly!! On a rear wheel drive, you control it with the throttle. If you don't beleive me, do a quick search and tell me how many people use FWD in drift racing.

I would flame you on hitting the tree, but last year in a blizzard I hit a bridge guardrail. Luckily, I only damaged the fender.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
If you want to know how to drift race watch the comp shows on TV or look at them on the web and you will see that if you think your really drifting in your trep your really not they are even judged by there rear tire smoke in competition.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well the damage aint that bad, but the thing is i nailed the tree exactly where the frame is, and it bent, and crushed the pcm, or so my dad says, and dodge says that the sensor need to be replaced, they are one time use, but apart from that, what i would need is a right fender, hood, facia, passenger headlight, i missed the fog by inches, and a new beam that goes from side to side, its black, and has the hood latch on it. that stuff, and a good chain and a big tree. but its not worth it really, my trans was goin out, and the vision im getting has a good trans, and i think the same motor, he said the motors tired, so ill just hang onto mine, and maybee mod it a lil, then drive it till it dies, then change the motor

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Well, at least your okay man, and thats all that really matters.

As for the FWD drifting, well drifting is basically the art of oversteer, and anyone with a FWD knows about the fun torque-steer we get when we release throttle off, now if at the same moment when you let off the throttle, crank it either direction, stab at the breaks quick, crank the wheel the opposite direction, and hammer on the throttle and voila, a fwd, no e brake drift!

At least that was how I was doin it before

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, at least your okay man, and thats all that really matters.

As for the FWD drifting, well drifting is basically the art of oversteer, and anyone with a FWD knows about the fun torque-steer we get when we release throttle off, now if at the same moment when you let off the throttle, crank it either direction, stab at the breaks quick, crank the wheel the opposite direction, and hammer on the throttle and voila, a fwd, no e brake drift!

At least that was how I was doin it before
yea, i use the ebrake and with my new car im takin it slow, beating the piss out of the tired 175,800 mile engine thats 11,000 miles over due for an oil change, thats misfireing like crap, well, its just a tired 3.3, put it that way
but im takin it slow with drifting, learning, practicing, and just being careful while still having fun, i can manage to go pretty much sideways completely down a road, all ice that is, and doing 360's in 4 way intersections and 180's around trees, lol, its fun, and we have a good time
only mess up is that i hit a stop sign, saved my life, i swear, and DIDNT HAVE ANY DAMAGE, the sign is dead tho, but i found green scuffs on my rear bumper, i didnt hit anything green, but i havent even had a good look at the car yet from the outside, ive just been driving it, lol

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I've tried numerous ways to go sideways, and I went from a posi 305 79 caprice to the 'trep, and trust me, THAT was a learning curve lol. from power nothin to power everything and FWD lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
this is what drifting can lead to on our cars:

http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/t113394/
Good point, also (a bit off the subject) when your future wife ditches your old Cutlass Supreme Classic, don't use the lower control arm on the rear suspension of your (new to me at the time) Concorde to pull it out. You get the POS gutlass out of the rhubarb, but the 'Corde handles a little funny on the ride home.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts