DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any good tire sites in Canada? I'm looking for something like www.Tirerack.com except it has to be in Canada because international shipping is a %$#[email protected]

I want to get some decent winters for my car for a change but I don't want to pay $190CDN per tire plus tax at the local places...I see lots of American sites selling the same tires for what would translate into about $110CDN after the exchange rate but shipping to Canada is too high because of the border.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Sam's Club or Costco are your best bets.

.....or make an American friend and ship it to their house, and then go get em ;)

·
Registered
663 Posts
If you buy from the US you will also by charged duty and GST as well as the shipping. I've been caught before on that one.
Here is one I was going to use before I bought my tires, turns out they were a couple of dollars cheaper than the tire shop.
1010 Tires
I think there is another one I'll try and find it for you.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is 1010 Canadian? Yeah, I know there is still GST on American orders but I find USPS gets charged minimal duty...UPS and FedEx on the otherhand get charged HUGE duties. Regardless I want to find a site in Canada to buy from to avoid international shipping charges of any kind.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
go to walmart, they carry a lot of winters for about 130$ish CAN.

Mine are dunlop ds2 and they were 120$CAN per tire. You get a free install with certain tires as well. They start at like 60$ for cheaper brands. SO far they have been great tires, give wal mart a try, costco is a little overpriced. Plus they didnt have any steelies and the mechanic told me to try a scrap shop?? i was like wtf??

·
Registered
663 Posts
IntrepidSportDriver said:
Is 1010 Canadian? Yeah, I know there is still GST on American orders but I find USPS gets charged minimal duty...UPS and FedEx on the otherhand get charged HUGE duties. Regardless I want to find a site in Canada to buy from to avoid international shipping charges of any kind.
1010 is both the Canadian one is located in Richmond, British Columbia and if you live outside of BC you of course pay only the GST & shipping. One word of advice if you ever want to buy anything big from the US always try and have it shipped by USPS or FedEx, never ever use UPS as thier charges are almost double. Example, I bought an item for $39.95 and UPS charged me $40.17 when they delivered it. I buy and sell on eBay and learned the hard way about shipping game.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I have $85 remafactured tires on thier 4th winter this year,
Those full remold, not ave retread.

Put um' on late, take um 'off early!

Diamond grit or something like that!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Actually UPs charges a "brokerage fee" that starts at $40. for anything over $30.00 and goes up

this same service can be done for free by yourself when you pay the duty on an item by normal mail at the post office or to the postal delivery guy.

So UPs to Canada is money for UPs cause --canadians are lower simian beasts with lots of doe to throw away in UPS eyes ( not mine) :evillaugh

and why I chose to never :smiley_ab use UPS

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Try crappy tire.
My baby is going to sleep this winter out in the barn, but that would be the 1st place I'd look :p

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, there are the DS2s at Walmart and the Nordic Icetracks at Canadian Tire, both for fairly reasonable prices but they really don't rate that high. I've been looking at a set of Dunlop Winterspot M3s (I think thats what it was) or the Michelin X-ice...both very aggressive tread but supposedly still comfortable, quiet, with great dry pavement performance, and even longer lasting..or so they say.
But if I don't find a good website to order from soon, I might just end up with the Nordic Icetrack...they are on sale for 30% off until the 10th I think. Anyone ever use them...parents had the Nordic Wintertrac on thier minivan..were ok but not great.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
linuxglobal said:
.......costco is a little overpriced. Plus they didnt have any steelies and the mechanic told me to try a scrap shop?? i was like wtf??
:icon_roll We just got our steelies not too long ago and as far as being over-priced.....Just so you know, their prices includes balancing and installation, plus free rotation, balancing and flat repairs until you get ride of them on the car. (Until 2/32nd) You also get a 5 years road hazard warranty (pro-rated) When you go at Crappy tire, the charge you extra for balancing &/or for the road hazard warranty (like 15-20$ more extra) You gotta be careful when you shop around for tires. You have to check what comes with what you pay or else you could get screwed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts