DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had several wiper arms break on my 1995 eagle vision, does anyone know a good replacement arm? Replacement ones dont seem to have enough pressure and the tab that the spring hooks to breaks.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,032 Posts
Which brand replacement and part number have you been using?

·
Woober Goobers!
51,032 Posts
This guy has a 94 vision he's parting out. You might contact him and see if they're original/good and how much he wants.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,032 Posts
Seems like the Dorman part is the only game in town for 1st gen LH cars. Sadly...and expensive! $75 for the Left wiper arm? sheesh.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just picked one up for my 97 Concorde after dealing with a weak spring and terrible wipes on the driver side for years. Was so looking forward to having a clear view again, but unfortunately I’ll be taking it back. It fits so loosely over the splines that the wiper flops up off the windshield. It looks like the inside splined area is too big, kinda oblong. It is a Dorman 42595, the correct one for my year. Also, the two pins/nubs that hold the slide lock against the underside of the hinge are poorly knurled so the slide lock doesn’t hold the arm in the up position, and may be partly why it won’t stay down on the shaft.
Now, if it was a quality part, I’d say the price was great. I ordered from Autozone for 44.99 and used a promo code for another $10 off $50 (ordered a bottle of Lucas fuel treatment to get just over $50). And free shipping too.
B2EBFCBE-3267-4495-89F0-2E482ADFAD4C.jpeg 9547BBAA-D1BE-4B91-A2E5-D78A54DF2210.jpeg
I ended up finding a $3 extension spring at Menards and reusing my old arm. The spring attachment points were fine, but it was a bear stretching the spring into place! The tension isn’t nearly what stock is, but the blade stays down and wipes pretty smoothly, even at 60mph. If it doesn’t hold at 70+ mph I may try to find a tighter spring.
Otherwise, I thought maybe I’d try another new arm and applying a touch of epoxy on the splines and weighting it down tight until it cures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had several wiper arms break on my 1995 eagle vision, does anyone know a good replacement arm? Replacement ones dont seem to have enough pressure and the tab that the spring hooks to breaks.
I ended up finding two oem ones at a junkyard they work fine. I also added an additional spring to the weak replacment arm which worked fairly well. It could have used a heavier 2nd spring. Thanks for the help everyone.
wiper1.jpg
wiper3.jpg
wiper2.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts