DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would cause the bottom wiper blades to wiggle as they move back and forth on the glass to remove the rain. I only use trico blades for my car cause of the washer fluid nossels are connected to the arms of this 95 corde i have. the nossles are on the hood. Can the glass be that dirty that the blade dont move smooth enough. I have rainx that i put on the windows 5 months ago. would that cause the wiggle on the blade to the glass. This wiggle happens at all speeds of the motor. please help if u can thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
What do you mean wiggle? As in the blade moves/tilts differently from the wiper arm or the WHOLE wiper arm has some play in it?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wiper blade has play in it. has play it in. It does clear the window. the arms move back and forth like normal just that when u look at the bottom of the blade its like doing a skip shake. hard to explain. I wish i could digital camera record the video of what it looks like. i wouldnt know where to upload it.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Just sounds like you have a set of wipers that have gone south on ya.

Get some decent wipers and be done! :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
lol.

If that's a major problem what's a trans gonna do to you? :p

IMHO refills are a waste (IF you go that route.) Just get a whole new wiper. The pivoit points get rusted/gunked up and i bet that's what is making your stuff the way it is...

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i do change the entire wiper arm with the blade. I dont just buy the rubber and slide it in. I get the whole trico arm with assembly pieces. Oh my tranny. im not worried i didnt even hit 30,000 miles yet. im at 29,100. i just hit that # today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive had this happen on a jeep patriot the wiper work to repell rain well however the look like a wavy line going back and forth instead of staying stiff and straight its and odd occurrence to observe and like my grandaddy said if it aint broke dont fix it. Id like to find a reason behind it too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The wiper system always sucked on the first gens - there's not much anyone can do about it. I'm currently using a set of Bosch Icon frameless wiper blades on OEM arms on my 94 and while it does a good job in wiping away snow/rain/etc., the driver wiper started to skid/shudder a few weeks after it was installed. Plenty of tension on the wiper arms and I keep my windshield clean so no problems there. It's just a crap design.

And congrats on bumping a 15 year old thread. This forum never seizes to amaze me. 😎

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
My wipers will make a chattering sound as they move across the windshield when it's raining. They don't glide smoothly over the glass. It's been like that for years. I've replaced the entire wipers several times. Windshield's been replaced as well.

I was going to try a glass sealer. Got the sealer and never put it on. I thought it might make the surface of the windshield slicker, so the wiper blades would glide, rather than sticking and chattering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts