DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas as to why my wipers only come up 3/4 of the way? They stop at almost straight vertical and they also go down about 3 inches further than normal. Sometimes they actually come down past the windshield and onto the hood.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Could you just need to adjust the position of the wiper blades? I'd have to assume its the same on an intrepid as it is on my 300M. Just pop off that plastic cap, undo the bolt (15mm?) Then position the wipers flat on the windshield where you want them to rest when they are off, tighten bolt, reinstall black cap.

This is what I had to do when my wipers were coming down and hitting the cowl. They were just positioned too low.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys... I was trying to figure out how both wipers could have shifted at the same time. I'm not exactly sure when the problem started because my son had the car for a couple of years. So the freezing scenerio is a possibility, even here in Alabama. I plan to check the bushings and the repositioning idea this weekend.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pulled both wipers off and repositioned them to the correct angle. So far they have stayed in place. I did not see any bushings to check. Maybe it was a freezing problem that caused them to move. Thanks for your suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts