DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few questions about my 2000 2.7 trep
I went to change my 02 sensor and the male end of the plug that has 4 wires going into it broke 2 of the wires just fell apart right at the plug where it hooks in with the 02 sensor plug. So I was wondering if I could just cut off both male and female plugs for the 02 sensor and connect the wires together without the plugs?
I been having problems with it not going to into park and low for a few weeks now and the gearshift is stuck in third so I cant get my key out. I figured it's probally my shift cable but can anyone give me a few pointers when I go to change it? Is it just take out the old one and in with the new or is there gonig to be adjustments to the cable?
My car has 160,000 miles it and it's on its 2nd motor but the original tranny so would it be better to get it flushed or just put in a new filter get the fluid I can out and add new fluid I jsut got the car a few months back and the tranny fluid was never changed thats what the previous owner told me.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
I just replaced my shifter cable awhile back. Not too hard of a job. First thing I'd do is download the FSM if you haven't already. The instructions there are pretty decent. The cable will run you about $85 from the dealer. It's really a pretty simple swap. I think it took me about an hour start to finish. You'll need the car up on jack stands to get to the cable underneath on the trans. Other than that, once you take the shifter apart, you'll see how it comes apart. It's kind of a pain to get the cable under from the firewall to the shifter (under the front of the console), but it's not too bad. Definitely get the FSM though! You can download it here: FSM CAUTION: These are large files, I hope you have a high speed connection!

Keep us posted on how it goes!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well Tuesday im going to get the shifter cable so I will let you know how it goes when I get the job done. Hopefully it goes by pretty easy. Anyone have any info with my 02 sensor problem? Would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts