DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bill looked simply awesome today, coming from last place to win the race, but matt won the championship with a top 5 finish

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Hey hey, a Wisconsin driver winning the Winston (soon to be Nextel :( ) Cup. I think hell has officially frozen over in the South. :p

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Congrats to Matt , good to see the old cat in the hat( Jack Roush) get his first and last Winston Cup ( next year Nextel) .

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
<----- and Earnhardt Jr fan.

Ever since Kenseth beat him out for ROY I've been bitter about him. I was really hoping Jr would be the first to win a championship just to make it a little better. SO from now on I will never like Kenseth!!!

·
980 Posts
dabirdz96 said:
bill looked simply awesome today, coming from last place to win the race, but matt won the championship with a top 5 finish
Great day for #9 and #12 moves ahead of #24 in points only 1 more pole for Newman to get this year, and if he gets it he will have won poles in 1/3 of the races this year, pretty stout!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I will be interesting if Bill goes back to his roots and drives part time for Ford next year ?

Jr is not half the driver his father was. I think it will be many years before Jr wins the championship if he ever does. Johnson and Newman are the ones to watch for the next few years. These two are smart guys and have many years of top 5 seasons in front of them. Both would make great cup champions. Matt is very deserving of the Championship this year.

It is strange that the 3 guys Stewart,Marlin and Martin that battled for top spot last year are doing so bad this year.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
adaptabl said:

Jr is not half the driver his father was. I think it will be many years before Jr wins the championship if he ever does.
Other than there names , thats about all they share . Sr was a very aggresive , push you out of the way style driver . Jr is a more laid back non aggressive driver .
I think you will see JR win a title in the future , maybe not 7 but he will get at least one. He had a great season this year . I am sure DEI will give him some great cars next year and we will see him up at the front again . Lets hope he can get back some points from the 48 car next week and finish off 2nd to Matt.
:D

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
A great weekend. McMurray won the Busch race, Bill won on Sunday, 3 Dodges in the top 5 and Sterling finally got back back to the top 10. Now if things go well Friday, we'll have the truck championship (already won the manufacturers). Gaughan or Musgrove, take your pick as long as its' one of them.

·
Registered
299 Posts
jcman311 said:
Hey hey, a Wisconsin driver winning the Winston (soon to be Nextel :( ) Cup. I think hell has officially frozen over in the South. :p
It must have been cold there for a while. Alan Kulwicki won the championship in '92. He was also from Wisconsin. Ironic in that Bill won the race that Kulwicki won the championship at too. Dang, if Bill had just led one more lap at Atlanta that year....

I can't imagine Bill going back to Ford next year. I just don't see him going to a new team. Of course I'm hoping for another full year in that red Dodge. I've been a fan of his for a long time (hence the user name). I'll sure miss him when he retires.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Yeah, I know that. But look at what happened to Kulwicki after his championship. :( Hopefully history does not repeat itself.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i really hope that he stays full time one more year, and they keep up the run that they are having now.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I think he can be competitive for a couple more years. Unlike Darrel, he actually runs well and gets a win every now and again. I think he has many races left in him and he's always the fan favorite. I dont see why he should retire now. (except for obvious family reasons and whatnot.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts