DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this picture on an amazon review for headlights, and am attempting to find the front bumper that is shown on this car, or something similar. My front bumper on my 2004 se is cracked and was looking to replace that along with the headlights which are all fogged up. This is the only picture shown, but I'm very interested in it haha

·
Woober Goobers!
50,456 Posts
Bumper cover looks like one of the old Andy"s Auto Sport ones. That place hasn't had any good reviews in years.

Looks like they still have the bumper listed on their website for $499.50. A few people had them on here years ago. Were a PITA to install and the fit sucked donkey balls. A lot reviews show they shipped the wrong part or canceled orders and didn't refund money. Good luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it looks like that item is on an "indefinite backorder" so I will keep up my search! Sadly it seems hard to find bumper covers for the intrepid now a days, unless i'm just looking at the wrong spot haha. Thanks!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,456 Posts
You can find stock type bumper covers everywhere. Check Ebay. If you don't have fog lights you can get the fog light bumper and add the lights some wiring and a fog ight headlight switch swap. The bumper covers fit/interchange with the same mounting points.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,456 Posts
Here's one without fog lights.

One with fog light holes.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,456 Posts
Looks like the crappy projector headlights you used to be able to find all over ebay. They were called Spyder or Spyder Brand. Like these I had on my 2000 R/T.

100_1379.jpg

PA200005.JPG

·
Woober Goobers!
50,456 Posts
The one in his picture looks like the Spec-D Tuning's headlights. For the Dodge Intrepid
These were widely known as Spyder brand headlights several years ago. Doesn't matter what the company is called selling them they're basically reselling from two major brands of manufacturers. Those two are Eagle Eyes and Depot. If you buy these headlights from "Spec-D Tuning" or whatever don't be surprised when they show up in an Eagle Eyes box or Depot.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,456 Posts
For example the headlights I show in post #7 were purchased from an Ebay seller and this is the box they arrived in.

001.JPG

·
Woober Goobers!
50,456 Posts
I guarantee you won't be happy with the light output and pattern of those crappy headlights. I speak from experience on this.

Another thing is the projector low beams have regular incandescent filament bulbs in them with dim light output. A lot of people bought HID kits for them. The projectors weren't designed for HID bulbs and the light pattern had poor cutoff and hot spots that would blind/annoy oncoming drivers. A waste of money all around.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,456 Posts
Here's a comparison of HID Projector outputs.

This is a Morimoto HID projector. The OEM HID projectors in the 300m Special are about the same. Nice sharp cutoff line. No extra light above the cutoff. Even light below.

SAM_0603.JPG

Here's the crappy Spyder or your Spec-D headlights with HID bulbs in them. Notice the cutoff line that's uneven. The extra light above the cutoff is what anooys oncoming drivers and the uneven light below the cutoff.

100_1387.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
What headlights do you suggest I invest in? Do you think I should try and bring it back to stock or just keep it the same, but add some mods to them.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,456 Posts
Don't think you can buy OEM headlights anymore. And if you can probably around $700 each !

You should really start a new thread in the 2nd gen section for these questions. We're already clogging up this guy's thread about what was supposed to be a bumper!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts