DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on gettin a new body kit within the next month or so, I'd say...I don't know about you guys, but I think this would look killer....if I got the showcars front bumper cover (style D w/ lower splitter) and the showcars skirts (style B), but got the rear andy's bumper cover...got a 99 trep and thinkin to get it repainted in a two tone candy apple/ off white.....here are the links to the two sites and PLEASE tell me what you think!!!! Thanks!

Andy's rear bumper

Showcars front bumper and skirts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
There's just something about side shirts on a secong gen that just doesn't look right to me. Maybe it's the curve in the lower body.

The front is Ok.
The rear bumper cover is nice though. Not my style, but nice execution all the same.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking at getting the whole andy's kit, but i don't like that much open area in the front there....thats why i would like to get the showcars one (it's yellow)

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Just remember, you have to like the car, not everyone else.

Asthetics are a very personal thing.

Some like blondes, some like brunettes!

Just make sure whichever way you go, that the finished piece is professionally done (I mean in quality, not nessesarily by a shop).

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
ulintze29 said:
i was looking at getting the whole andy's kit, but i don't like that much open area in the front there....thats why i would like to get the showcars one (it's yellow)
At first, I wanted the ones from Showcars, but when I saw it in real, I changed my mind pretty quickly. The front looks like a regular SE bumper (but worst) with a lower lip. The design doesn't follow the lines of the car as opposed to the one from Andy's (see last pic) That's my opinion by the way.

Mine

Showcars

Regular SE

Anyways, like stated above, it's your car and not anybody else's, so you do what you want and not what people want you to do.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the support/ advice dude...APPRECIATED!!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i really do like how the andy's kit is a little smoother flowing though.....

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HEY!! if you look at showcar's pic bimmer put up, how did they get that light to become a clear corner????

·
Registered
3,718 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I'm not a big body kit kinda guy. But I gotta admit Bimmers looks good enough for me to consider it.

I'd say that's the one you should go for, but again, it's a personal choice.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Great White said:
I'm not a big body kit kinda guy. But I gotta admit Bimmers looks good enough for me to consider it.

Cheers

BJ
Oh, thanks!! :smile: Either way though, get ready to spend some money on getting those sideskirts to fit right. That's another good advice I can give you.

Reactions: Great White

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what do you mean? are they that hard to get on??? why would i have to spend xtra money?

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
He means they don't fit right from the box and some body work is required to make them fit.

Yeah, the problem with Andy's (probably the same **** with Showcars) is the bodykit's design is used on more than just the Intrepid. That kind of bodykit is offered for other cars too, without having the right "curves" for the intrepid, so there is some work to do on them to make them fit. It's all worth it though!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
The thing about fiberglass body panels is that no matter how well they make the mold, the mold was made off one specific vehicle. Now, all vehicles made at the factory as supossed to be identical, however, when they are made there are slight differences. So a molded piece of one vehicle will fit antoher of the same make but require a little fitting oin order to get it "just right".
If the body part manufacturer is a little less than meticulous with thier manufacturing process (little thincker or thinner in places, mold is not supported properly, etc), then the fibreglass will need a fair bit of work to fit it properly. All this costs $$$$.
Even factory replacement metal panels need to be fit and massaged to achieve that factory fit look.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
all right guys, im goin w/ andys kit!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I agree with GW on this one - Love the car

Great White said:

Cheers

BJ

1 - 20 of 23 Posts