DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any ideas why it always shows that every topic has new posts even if i just got done reading them? It kinda sucks trying to read through the messageboard not knowing what you've looked at before and what you haven't

~JGarrett911

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just another quick question - why does it show my name, and not my login name (JGarrett911) on my posts? And is there anyway to change it?

~JGarrett911

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
You must have put your name in the "publicly dispayed name" section.

There is no easy way for even me to change it, but I figured out how.

I'll try and get it done tonight when I get home. I have to open up the UBB configuration files and edit them manually.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
As for your problem on the "read posts" I found that in order to make them dissapear...I have to exit completely out of internet explorer, then re-open the page.

It's not much of a problem, because I have a shortcut to the forums on my desktop...but slightly a pain in the butt. I would think that it should be marked as read after we read them, but it doesn't seem to be doing that without completely exiting. Randy?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Was just checking into the forums about this problem at infopop. Seems to be a big problem, and haven't found any answers yet :( I'm still looking, though

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
OK, I may have found a temporary fix.

Go to the FAQ, there is a link to clear the cookies in your browser.

Then everytime you leave, make sure you log out.

I know it's a painin the ass, but it seems to be working fine for me like that. I'll try to find a better solution :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Randy,
if you figured out how to change my publicly displayed name, and you haven't already, could you change it to JGarrett98? that'd probably make more sense than JGarrett911 because I own a 98 Intrepid.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats ok, I'm sure i can survive for a day. :)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Another solution for the new post icon not working is:

When you get to the main page of the forums, there is a link near the upper right hand corner named "Active Topics"

It lists all of the current days active topics in order from the last one updated to the oldest one for the day.

That might be a good solution :confused:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Randy!

I feel like a totally new man now. :)

~JGarrett98

1 - 13 of 13 Posts