DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1995 Trep, 3.3 has been acting up lately!!

1. sometimes the AirBag light comes on - when it does the power windows, AC and blower won't work. Turn it off, restart it - most of the time it's back to normal.

2. sometimes after normal driving - I stop for a short period of time and it won't start. It will turn over like it should - it just won't start. Let it sit for a while and it will start like it should

I suspect electrical in both cases??? I am thinking #2 may be a weak shut0off or fuel pump relay? When it doesn't start it seems to be because it's not getting fuel.

Any ideas or fixes for similar problems will be mucho-appreciated.

Brad

·
Registered
1,507 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last week I cleaned the battery posts and check the battery, and it was OK.

Would a "shut-off" relay act-up before going bad - or do they "work correctly" or not at all?

Thye problem seems to linked to shutting it off after it has reached operating tempature - because after it sits, or cools down it will start and run OK. Interesting though - after these episodes - when it does start, the engine knocks like it's low on oil. It does not do this under normal conditions??? May not have anything to do with the problem - but it is consistant with re-starts after it does not start!!!!

Thoughts and guesses are welcome.

Brad

·
Registered
439 Posts
You know, it's not a bad idea to just replace the battery, as in most places, you can just take it back if that's not the problem. It's also one of the easier things to troubleshoot, as (unlike the 2nd gens) the battery is pretty easy to take in and out. Good luck, man. That shoulds like a real pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yep. Also, if you're concerned about the relays (fuel pump and ASD), then try swapping them with adjacent relays and see if that fixes it. I'm pretty sure the majority of the relays in the PDC are identical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts