DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The annual Woodward Dream Cruise is coming Aug 20th located in Detroit on Woodward Ave. The cruise takes place on the 3rd Sat of Aug every year for at least the past 15 years. Its a classic car cruise that has turned into a car festival on wheels anything and everything shows up here. Lots of shows of every make and model vehicle you can think of. The cruise goes from about 9mile rd. in Detroit to Pontiac MI which is about 10-15 miles one way. Cruisers will or can be on the road all day in the most fantastic traffic jam youve ever been apart of. Woodward Ave is mostly a 8 lane road 4 lanes each direction and packed with cars on the day of the cruise. Lots of people show up for this over a million for the last couple years have spectated from the side of the road.

I have attended this event 12 times in the past 15 years. Driven in a firebird, a trans am, a ford ranger and my SRT-4. This year will be my first in the Intrepid. Anyone else interested in this event maybe we could meet up in the morning before getting into the action.

It is always a day to remember. I always see something I have never seen before.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always wanted to go...... checking my itenerary. It's only 60 miles from me.
I take it your in the Toledo area? You gotta make the run even if you only stay for the afternoon. If you plan on making a day of it get there as early as possible (to find parking) otherwise cruise and emjoy.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might be able to go would want to meet someone with a trep.
Id be up for a meet it would be nice to get some trep's and M's out. I dont personally know anyone on these boards. If we could get a couple guys together.... it would probably be best to meet before we cruise because trafic is impossible. I know a few places we could meet up at but it would have to be at 12-1pm the latest, by that time most places near Woodward are packed or roads are closed.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Id be up for a meet it would be nice to get some trep's and M's out. I dont personally know anyone on these boards. If we could get a couple guys together.... it would probably be best to meet before we cruise because trafic is impossible. I know a few places we could meet up at but it would have to be at 12-1pm the latest, by that time most places near Woodward are packed or roads are closed.
You mean 12 as in noon right? Talked to my wife, she is up for it. I was thinking a little earlier? Like 9 am?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are a couple spots on Woodward that shouldn't be a problem. White Castle just a block or 2 north of 8 mile or Taco Bell about a half mile north of that. The Taco Bell has a parking lot next too it that dosen't seem to be used by anyone.

Here the address for the Taco Bell location.... put it in google maps:
21900 Woodward Avenue
Ferndale, MI 48220, United States
if you go to street view you can see the parking lot jjust under the Taco Bell sign, one car parked there.

I think this spot would be best. I can't promise it will be available. If the lot is blocked, closed or full we can use the White Castke as back-up. I dont think we should get any hassle.

Take I-75 north to 8 mile go west until you get to Woodward, stay to the right you shouldn't have any trouble/

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Most of the action is between 12-15 mile roads on Woodward. I'll be there. We usually get together in the parking garage of the 555 condo's in between 14 and 15 mile just a bit north of where Old Woodward and Woodward meet. It's free and usually not too busy, and it overlooks Woodward.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Most of the action is between 12-15 mile roads on Woodward. I'll be there. We usually get together in the parking garage of the 555 condo's in between 14 and 15 mile just a bit north of where Old Woodward and Woodward meet. It's free and usually not too busy, and it overlooks Woodward.
Nice to know others will be in attendance. Im not exactly sure where you are talking about but I have an idea. I like to cruise. Is it just you or other LH owners also? Maybe we can have a mini meet before the cruise gets really going?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Nice to know others will be in attendance. Im not exactly sure where you are talking about but I have an idea. I like to cruise. Is it just you or other LH owners also? Maybe we can have a mini meet before the cruise gets really going?
It's me and a few friends...Something came up, so I'm not sure I'll even make it on Saturday.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts