DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
nobags noswitches nofatbitches
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if anyone goes down to woodward at all. I usually go down and hang with my cuzins dakota R/T club in pontiac. If you dont know waht it is, its a GIANT car cruise that goes on for a weekend almost. Over 1million old/new/classic/concept cars. All the manufacturers are there and it streches alotta miles, not sure exact number. If anyone knows bout it add on please. Fun times down there in detroit.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Taken from their website
Website is http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com

14TH ANNUAL WOODWARD DREAM CRUISE
To be held on Saturday, August 16, 2008, the Woodward Dream Cruise, the world's largest one-day celebration of car culture, attracts more than 1 million visitors and more than 40,000 muscle cars, street rods, custom, collector and special interest vehicles.

This mid-summer classic celebrates the heydays of the 50's and 60's when Woodward was the heart and soul of American cruising in the city that put America on wheels. Combined with the music and fashions of the era, the Woodward Dream Cruise celebrates the nostalgia of bygone days in the cars that made them so special.

Cruisers and spectators will be driving along a 16-mile route of nine communities including Berkley, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Township, Ferndale, Huntington Woods, Pleasant Ridge, Pontiac and Royal Oak.

Although many communities host events during the preceding days and nights, the Woodward Dream Cruise officially takes place 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday, August 16, 2008.

·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/
not the best thing, but its the official website. Theres alot behind the scenes too, its just a great experience, nothin else like it.

·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know i shouldnt of posted it here, but i didnt know exactly where to, should i prolly start a new thread sumwhere else?

·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks nhogan... have u ever been?

·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahaha, i will promise u it would be the best drive u ever took.... id ask u to come hang this year but haha i wont be able to drive, ill still only have my permit, but my car will b down there, with teh dakotas

·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fun times down there in detroit.
Cruisers and spectators will be driving along a 16-mile route of nine communities including Berkley, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Township, Ferndale, Huntington Woods, Pleasant Ridge, Pontiac and Royal Oak.
Im using Detroit as a loose term. Ok, close to detroit, detroit itself is pretty bad, but as it states it doesnt actually go through detroit, the worst part of the cruise is probably Pontiac but i hang down there with my cuzin and his truck club and always have alotta fun.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i hope you like cops...cause there is a ****-load of them. other than that there are some cool cars, kinda overrated imo though. been there twice and decided it's not my thing, but i am sure some people have a blast.

·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats y we stay in pontiac, for the most part down there the cops will be doin burnouts with you, anywhere else your sitting for an hour, but u have to admit, its a sight to be seen if you havnt been.

·
Registered
83 Posts
thats y we stay in pontiac, for the most part down there the cops will be doin burnouts with you, anywhere else your sitting for an hour, but u have to admit, its a sight to be seen if you havnt been.
oh, for sure it's crazy the amount of cars that are there...all types, sizes, etc.

·
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya anything and everything

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'll actucally be in the croud with the Dakota R/T's - my brother has one. But yea ,the 'Cruse is a very cool thing.

Hope to you see you all there...:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts