DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
50,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...first off I'm looking for something to enhance the lower frequency range of my stock Infinity I 240 watt system. I'm looking to enhance the bass and don't need or want the 2 gazillion watt systems. I'm looking just for enhancement and not a complete replacement of all the components. If anyone has useful recomendations please post them. Once again I don't need the wake up the whole neighborhood and piss everyone off within 2 miles thumpin bass....just an enhancement. You can PM or Email with suggestions if you don't want to do it in the thread. Thanks in advance. :music:

·
Registered
627 Posts
i have great thing about the infinity bass link ,it will wire right up to your stock system

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
For just some "enhancement" an Infinity Basslink or similar would probably suit your needs. There are numerous variations of these type devices from Infinity, Bazooka, etc. All of these are powered subwoofers with built-in high level inputs.

However, if you want you could go with a small amp and separate amp combo. This will typically cost more and sound better, but it all comes down to what you're looking for...

·
Woober Goobers!
50,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much are we talking about for a single 10"? I'm assuming I'd have to buy a box or enclosure and then a reasonably sized amp. What's a good wattage amp to drive a single 10"? Remember I'm not going Gonzo on this and don't plan to drop a grand on it or even half that!! And then there's brands of speaker and amp. Reasonably priced and reliable would be my goal. Thanks to everyone that's replied so far.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Well for around $500 you could get a 12 and a great amp, so what you need would be drastically less. I would think you could get a good ten, a box, and a good amp for around $250, but wiring is a different story. That would cost more, and might not be something you want to do yourself. If cost is a big issue then a basslink might be the best starting point.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
the price on a single ten can be all over the place, throw us a budget and we'll go huntin'!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
How does no more than $250 sound? To the many in the audio thread here that love to spend their entire paycheck and more on car stereos..Don't laugh...but it's not worth that much to me. Thanks for your help and looking into this for me.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Here is a link to a setup for $100. It is a 12, and an amp for $100. I don't know much about the company, but they are a fairly big name. Plus for your needs this might be perfect. The page even has boxes if you scroll down, some are pretty expensive, but I saw a few for about $50, so that would get everything you need except the wiring to your front door for under $200.
http://www.cardomain.com/item/BLAPCA12COMBO

·
Woober Goobers!
50,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the link qp_20 (Caleb)!! I've gone ahead and ordered the sub/amp/enclosure and it's under $200 with shipping. Thanks to everyone else for your help.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Basslink is your best bet. Only $275. Or less if you get it on Ebay like I did. Takes up little to no space. Sounds great. And no trunk rattling. Takes up much less space than an normal 10" sub. And it's already amplified.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Did you already go and buy it? I think you should've just gone with the basslink... at least you coulda had an all infinity system :|

1 - 12 of 12 Posts