DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well. comming from school; yesterday i hit a opatch of ice and the trep slid about 30 feet sideways

·
Registered
689 Posts
As long as you didn't hit anything, or scare the crap out of anyone, awesome!

I'd be doing a hell of a lot of that, if my e-brake were working. Since it's not, I'm just going to have to work on finding other small ways of doing it.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
i think thats what happened to me a couple years back in my 1st gen. i was coming out of my school....steep incline then immediate left turn, and i would always gun it. well this time i came out and spun the wheel to the left and completely fishtailed around the bend and squeaked the tires (i would say roasted, but that was a 3.3 for all of you who remember my old car). dont ask me how the hell i fishtailed it, but i didnt use my ebrake or anything....it was cool

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
One car yesterday was following me really, really, close :mad: and it was snowing and icy. I was turning left after I did my stop and so was the car, well I took the turn with my hand brake and did a nice slide and after that the car wasn't tailgating me anymore :icon_twis

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Isn't that fun?! lol! :shocked: :shocked:

About 1 week or so after I purchased my Trep, I had a lady cut across 2 lanes of traffic on the freeway at about 65-70 mph. She would have taken me out if I hadn't seen her coming and hit the brakes. We were just coming out of a bend, and I ended up sideways with a couple other vehicles behind me. I was able to keep it from going all the way around, and kept it sideways until I could get it straightened back out. Yeah, it was an adventure! The lady ended up in the ditch with 2 other cars. She had a little too much to drink :all_cohol , and fell asleep :sleeping: at the wheel. Real smart....She could have killed someone... :reap:

But, I learned real quickly how much different the Trep handles a skid compared to my TBirds!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
73 Posts
nice, I went at about a 30 to 45 degree angle for I dunno maybe 35-40 feet like an hour and a half ago because my neighborhood used to be a culdesac (sp?) but then it got expanded to it had a 3 way intersection where the circle used to be and I just gunned it about 300 ft before the circle, favored the left side of the road, turned a little right to get going that way, then slammed it left, felt the slide start and just angled with it, and then slid around to about 2 or 3 feet from the edge of the curb (luckily it's a residential curb so it's a gradual incline not a 90 degree one or I would've been worried)... so really I dunno if the engine has much to do with starting the slide, I think it keeping it has more to do with the engine, but starting it just has to do with mass, velocity, and friction... but that's just my humble opinion... and I could be 100% wrong...

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
340duster said:
i prefer my RWD as i can put stuff sideways any time i want ;)
HELL YEA! I still have yet to put weight in the back of the Dakota, too much fun without it :)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
on any wet surface my ball back tires slide on anything i love it no ebrake just a sharp left turn and a hard hit on brakes and the back breaks free

·
Registered
342 Posts
when i got out of school yesterday, the parking lot was snowy - i waited till everybody else left except my friends that i was hanging out with, and decided to do a haggard snow donut (i call them snonuts - its gay i know lol)
i didnt have much room to speed up so i was only going about 15mph - turned really fast and slammed my foot down on the parking brake, did a nice 180 - it must have been really icy because i wasnt really going very fast at all... but holy hell was it fun

·
Registered
15 Posts
About 3 years ago... there was some guy who ran from police on Floridas highway in a 1st gen Intrpid. He clipped a car from behind which caused his Intrepid to flip onto its roof. The car slid about 20feet on the hood with his arm unfortunatly acting as a brake. This chase was on that fox show "amazing police chase" - poor intrepid. Its roof remained intact however. :)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FlaIntrepid35 said:
About 3 years ago... there was some guy who ran from police on Floridas highway in a 1st gen Intrpid. He clipped a car from behind which caused his Intrepid to flip onto its roof. The car slid about 20feet on the hood with his arm unfortunatly acting as a brake. This chase was on that fox show "amazing police chase" - poor intrepid. Its roof remained intact however. :)

but who would cleen it and buff it ?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
lol, damn, thats some nice stories

i liek when im coming down a long street with alot of snow and i can manage a controled fishtale, fuuun

PEPPA u know that street the goes towards the highway(90WEST) that pass's WEST TECH high/homes?

i was going down and close to the highway onramp, i did my fishtales, i did three and the cur did a complet 180, scared teh **** outa me, i was turned around completly lol, GREAT thing their wasent a car in SITE

ALi

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Great stories! I have one to tell.

I was out on Sunday at the High School and decided to do a drift/doughnut type thing and the lot was completely ice. I slid about 75 feet sideways and hit the snow pile they ploughed to the end of the lot and got her stuck. Thank god that that pile was there or I would have ended up going down a hill into a snow covered corn field. I might add though, with my brother behind the wheel and my other brother and I pushing we got it out. Didn't do a thing to the car either, thank god for that one too!

The week before that I had no problem getting her to spin around using the eBrake, but it had just snowed and the lot was covered with snow so she didn't go so far!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts