DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my '00 R/T but hate the horn because it could have cost me and my gals life.

Here's what happened. We're traveling east yesterday, on Rt80 in Jersey, in the wake of a heavy rain. A driver of a US MAIL truck, without notice, cuts directly INTO me at around 60mph. :doh:

Road conditions were severe and there was nowhere to turn as there were vehicles on both sides of me. It happened so fast there was no time to think, one to two seconds at most. I punched the horn, slammed the brakes and then hit the hazzards flasher. The ABS worked great as they prevented a near catastrophie, (luckily no one was tailing). The hazards hopefully warned the other drivers of a potential problem, however the horn did not do it's job. I'm certain if the horn was loud enough that driver would have awaken from his endless stare and realize the perils of his action.

All's well that ends well however you can bet I'll be looking to replace that dainty horn. If anyone has replaced theirs recently I'd like to know, thanks.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Who needs a horn when you got bumpers.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts