DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
World's Best 1997 Dodge Intrepid ES - Massachusetts
For Sale - 1997 Intrepid ES with 65,000 miles. I am the original owner. This is an all-options car, with sunroof, ABS/traction, Infinity sound, leather (both seats power), AutoTempControl, trip computer with compass and outside temperature readout, fog lights, Homelink added by me, folding heated side mirrors, alarm system, 3.5 liter, pw, pl, etc.

Price is $6,000 firm. Please read below to understand the price. This is a way-better-than-retail car.

Color is platinum metallic with gray leather interior. Car has had only Mobil One since first oil change at 1,000 miles. Has very recent front brakes (pads and rotors), coolant change, thermostat, 1,000 amp battery, all with the best parts.

Car has been obsessively maintained - two trans flushes, Mobil One every 5,000 miles, recent belts, etc. Car has been 100% reliable and trouble-free. Was under Chrysler Maximum Care warranty until Sept, 2004.

Very decent gas mileage on mid-grade (89 octane gas), about 19 miles city and 26 on the highway.

Upgraded sound system with aftermarket amp and Infinity Kappa Nine three way speakers in rear, Kenwood MP3/WMA stereo with Sirius tuner.

Leather console lid. K&N filter, auto headlights, light window tint, stainless/steel chrome shifter overlay, recent 190 amp alternator (plus original alternator which works perfectly).

This car is tight, smooth, powerful, quiet and a delight to drive. Huge trunk, very roomy inside for five passengers.

Car has excellent 2002/3/4 Chrysler aluminum alloy wheels and excellent Eagle GA tires.

Condition is amazingly close to new. Clean, clean, clean, inside and out and under the hood. Not a speck of rust anywhere. Driven only by my wife and myself, and we are very easy on our cars.

Why am I selling this car? Because at age 61 I decided that this car will last forever, and if I don't replace it I'll be driving it for the rest of my life. So, I went and bought a 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD with 400 miles on it, all options, and kind of tricked out - Brembo brakes, Borla exhaust, all RKSport trim pieces, 20" wheels, etc. I hope that I will like the Magnum as much as my Intrepid. We also own a 2002 Concorde Ltd with 14K miles and a 2000 Intrepid ES with 25K miles, both all-options mint cars (except that the 2000 does not have ABS/traction). We also have a 2005 Mercury Montego AWD sedan, all options, 3,500 miles. We are drowning in cars!

If you have an interest in the car, please e-mail me for lots of pictures or for any questions.

Best way to reach me is at [email protected] or on my cell 'phone at (508) 735-2245. Car is in Framingham, MA, 20 miles west of Boston.

·
Registered
531 Posts
k-nash said:
It sure does sound like a nice Intrepid with super low mileage, but its 9YEARS OLD and $6,000 for a 9 year old car is alot.

Not trying to offend but I think you'll be waiting a long time for 6K.
If there's an Intrepid of that year worth $6K I would guess this is the one, but I think someone who has taken such good care of it for all these years would want it to go to a great owner more than just to get the big money for it. I was looking at buying an Intrepid recently (settled on an 03) and one of them was a very clean 00 R/T with Moonroof and leather, with 41,000 original miles for $7000. I wish the guy luck getting his price, maybe he can, but I agree it could take a while.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gentlemen,

You are both right that the price is high. Guess I'll have to wait a while and eventually meet an offer if one is forthcoming. The car has been so good to us for nine years that I'm probably not being objective about it. If storage and insurance weren't issues - and they both are - I would keep the car just for winter use. It's super reliable and has ABS and traction control, which very few 2nd gen Inrepids have. No one in my family needs a car or else I'd just give it to them. Well, let's see what happens.

·
Registered
384 Posts
rpgoodkin said:
Gentlemen,

You are both right that the price is high. Guess I'll have to wait a while and eventually meet an offer if one is forthcoming. The car has been so good to us for nine years that I'm probably not being objective about it. If storage and insurance weren't issues - and they both are - I would keep the car just for winter use. It's super reliable and has ABS and traction control, which very few 2nd gen Inrepids have. No one in my family needs a car or else I'd just give it to them. Well, let's see what happens.

you would GIVE it to family? well... do you have a single daughter? lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, no single daughters. I have given (yes, given) a 1999 Concorde LXi to my daughter, another 1999 LXi to her husband and a 1998 Concorde LXi to my brother-in-law, all low mileage (22K, 23K and 30K miles), very nice cars. I think these are exceptionally comfortable, serviceable and safe cars, with excellent economy (all are 3.2 liter V-6's that run on 87 octane). The cars are almost never in the shop or costing them repair bills. They just keep trucking along. My son-in-law was hit head-on three years ago in a 1996 Concorde LXi (that I had given him) by a driver who fell asleep (middle of the day!) and swerved across an undivided road. The airbags deployed and the car was totalled, but my son-in-law suffered only a bruised knee. I think DC has done a great job with the 1st and 2nd gen LH platform cars. My 1997 is interesting because it seems to have escaped the cost-cutter's axe in so many ways - it has folding, heated power mirrors, four illuminated courtesy lights, factory auxiliary coolers for the trans and power steering pump, three overhead grab handles, illuminated ring around the ignition key, ABS/traction, good sound deadening, a full size spare, etc. Unlike the newer cars (2nd gen and the new Magnum platforms) where everything was either deleted altogether or available only as extra cost options or packages.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Rpgoodkin is a great seller/buyer. If he says somethings in great condition, it is.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Ryan D. said:
Rpgoodkin is a great seller/buyer. If he says somethings in great condition, it is.
agreed.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I think you should be voted 'King of the 1st Gen LH cars' - you know them well and appreciate how good they really are. Maybe you can find someone who is worthy of your 96 you're selling and can put 'giving it a good home' a bit higher up the list than the price. I really do know how you feel about letting the car go - my 96 was going to be sold as soon as I got a newer one, but now that I've got my '03 I've decided to keep my 96 and use it as my winter car. It's still presentable and everything works but the A/C (sadly typical for this year). Good luck!

·
Registered
384 Posts
there should be a contest on here like in carster, but just for treps, and other LH cars. it could have different catagories like, best first gen, second gen, 300, concorde, R\T, and so on. and maybe some awards could be given for things like, most modified, most origional, best maintained etc. of course the award wouldn't be as big as on carster, but it would be fun.

kinda like IOM but with more stuff

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
8845int said:
there should be a contest on here like in carster, but just for treps, and other LH cars. it could have different catagories like, best first gen, second gen, 300, concorde, R\T, and so on. and maybe some awards could be given for things like, most modified, most origional, best maintained etc. of course the award wouldn't be as big as on carster, but it would be fun.

kinda like IOM but with more stuff
We used to have an intrepid of the month contest here. Unfortunately, we no longer have that, nor do we discuss it.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
8845int said:
can i ask why not?
cause there's a few immature bitches around here who need to be cock-slapped.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
OMG >>>>THATS IS SOO FUNNY!!!

thats my quote from now on LOL>....

00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
We used to have an intrepid of the month contest here. Unfortunately, we no longer have that, nor do we discuss it.
LOUD98ES said:
Dont want to get off topic but i miss di.net of the month. I wanted to win that thing once after the HID and such came along.

O well i never even joined that discussion. :fun_74:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
couldn't have said it better myself loud98

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In December of 2007 my brother-in-law had a relatively minor accident in the 1998 Concorde LXi I had given him, but enough of a hit that the insurance company totaled the car. Since December of 2007 he has been driving the 1997 Intrepid ES. It's got close to 100K miles on it now, still looks great and drives beautifully. The second generation LH platform is an improvement in many ways over the first generation, but the 1st gen platform has much better rearward visibility (and also a brighter, more open cabin feel) and just has a little more 'heft' to it - rides a little more solid.

·
Registered
281 Posts
It probaly is a great looking and the car drives great, but i really dont think your going to get 6000 for it. Not to offend you because you have done lots of work to it, ive done alot of work on my 95 trep lol, that thing was like brand new when i sold it just recently. But first gens dont have that much value anymore, maybe drop it 2500, then you will get some bites.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.