DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, We're running into some network gaming problems here on campus.... The people I'm trying to play with are in the building next to me (on a different router) so they will not show up on the LAN. We have the same problem with Unreal Tournament 2003, but there is a place to connect by IP address and it works fine. Only problem is in Worms there is no option for IP address, and none of us can connect to Wormnet (their internet server).

Is there anyway we can get this to work? I'm not much on networking, but is it possible to set up a VLAN so it would think we were on the same LAN?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Well I'm awesome with networking, but did you considder Gamespy Arcade? I don't quite remember if worms world party worked with gamespy arcade, but I wouldn't doubt it before trying it.

(Definately get gamespy arcade, and not hte original, it's so much more faster.)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thanks

i'll try it and see what i come up with

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I'm headed home in 20 minutes (when im off work) so I'll be home in under 40, with food as my motive for driving fast.
So just msn/aim me and we'll see what happens, maybe I can multi worms with your gang :) I'm unstoppable!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just checked gamespy and it doesn't support WWP :'(

any other ideas?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I'll load wwp on my puter when I get home in oh say, half an hour tops, and I'll message you on msn? I'll let you know what i find out :) But I know unreal tournament is definately supported.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts