DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, yes this is my first post, but I don't need the whole intro thing. Just wanted to know if it were possible to replace the front rotors off of a 1994 Eagle Vision Tsi with those from the newer R/T or 300m Special Also. I drive the hell out of my car, always speeding even in heavy traffic and wanted to know how affective you guys rear brakes are. I ask this because my rear brakes are as dirty as my fronts, and I almost never see this on cars.

·
Registered
583 Posts
You can not replace them from the R/T. Because the R/T ar larger in Dia. and thickness. You would have to change the steering knuckle, caliper, brake hose, abs sensor. To make it work. I am probably one of the worst offenders of stabbing the brakes at over 100 mph. Just go with a good quality rotor and pad set.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
VISION1 said:
You can not replace them from the R/T. Because the R/T ar larger in Dia. and thickness. You would have to change the steering knuckle, caliper, brake hose, abs sensor. To make it work. I am probably one of the worst offenders of stabbing the brakes at over 100 mph. Just go with a good quality rotor and pad set.
Just a clarification, Calipers are the same but the ABS sensor is out of alignment to the original halfshaft, so you'ld also be looking at changing halfshafts (if they fit). If you don't have ABS all you have to change is the knuckle to put on the bigger rotors and you probably won't get the hub off without damaging the bearing seals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts