DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
i saw a nice post a while back, 27 inch i believe... i guess if ur nuts enough, anything is possible..

However i think 18 is the max for a clean looking ride.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
linuxglobal said:
i saw a nice post a while back, 27 inch i believe... i guess if ur nuts enough, anything is possible..

However i think 18 is the max for a clean looking ride.
Have you been to NYC.. the streets and expressways are like war zones SOOO MANY POTHOLES..I'm not that crazy..

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
MathWiz said:
I beg to differ

18's

20's

Now I would not go to 22's, not enough sidewall left on 25 series tire.

Charles
the 20s look better because of the low profile tires. I meant the 300m special 18s have a nice clean look.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Max I'd put on my M would be 20's. Those 22's in the link are UGLY. Charles' 20's are very nice looking, definitely something I'd do to the Special.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
ya Charles' 20s are nice, i think 00r/t has a chop of those rims and they look good on the 2nd gens as well.

THe tires have to match a nice clean setup. But a 22 is pushing it i guess. I believe stock the rear can take it but the front wheels cannot turn with 22 without rubbing the body.

Funny thing, a guy from a local body shop was playing around. He put 20s on a lexus es300 and his cousin (they own the shop) put some junk 17s on a 1992 corolla (stock 13s i believe or 14inch). The tires rubbed the inside and melted the rubber which goes to show that 17 is too big for some cars LOL.... It was the funniest thing ever watching that thing drive by smoking its tires at 20kph.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I think 20" is max too. Charles' car looks really clean and the chop on mine looks nice too. Anything bigger than that you look your trying to have bigger wheels than anybody else at the cost of making your car look cheesy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
18" is ideal. This is what I'll goto for my 300m, im currently on 16" php
19" is still looking good
20" Looks good but you're sacrificing alot(Money, reliability, chance of bending/cracking a rim, road feel)

anything past that is just retarded on our LH platform cars.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
i like my car lowered on 17s because i dig the real low slung look. I could probably cram some 18s on lower profiles under there but 20s would be too big for me and I'd have to lower the car more.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think the largest I'd ever go would be 19", but tires get absurdly expensive in that size with not much selection available. Dubs just don't appeal to me due to issues with ride, potential for damage to rim, accounts of causing extra wear on other car components, and and they're just a little too big for the look I like. Frankly, I'm pretty happy with my chrome 17"s, but 18"s would be nice, too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The intrepid is blessed with huge tires to begin with. I think 20s are the way to go on Intrepids. 20s on Intrepids look like 18s on my Sable. Best look evar!

Sal

·
Registered
531 Posts
LUCAS said:
I was on EBAY looking for TREP stuff and saw this..http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RVM-916-22-CHROME-RIMS-WHEELS-DODGE-INTREPID-300M_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43960QQihZ011QQitemZ320017655717QQrdZ1.... Can they fit TREPS? and would any member actually put them on they ride????
Don't know if they'd fit but no way, no way. Giant wheels look to me like big food processor wheels. The necessary super low pro tires have almost no sidewall height and I don't even need to try them out to know they'll ride like hard rubber handtruck wheels.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
my trep was actually smoother riding with the 20's (255/35/20)that I had on before, theres aflatter wider tread surface than stock, and handling was much more superior too.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've never felt any need to put diff rims on my car...

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
buffalo r/t said:
personally id only go with 18's and only if they were lightweight
20's are going make your intrepid slow
LOL my Intrepid is slow anyway. If I was going to get new rims, and I might, I would go with a set of 20's. 22's won't fit, and those ones in particular were ugly. The new 300C's look good with 22's though.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts