1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Not too bad for a General Motors car. :)

Aussies get A TON of cool cars from GM and Ford that we will never see here.

Here is another example:
http://www.fte.ford.com.au/preview/

335hp and 367lb/ft of torque from a 5.6L V8 in what is basically a Ford Taurus sized car.

Damned lucky Aussies! :)

[ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: LHSer ]

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
It basically is the same car with an LT1 dropped in. There were acutally plans to bring it to North America, but then GM couldn't break the rule of having a car more powerful the the vette.

Besides why buy a vette when u get the same power for much less?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Yet more proof that the best GM cars are not sold on US soil. I guess it would compete with their own cars - F bodies. But, would it really? This is a sedan whereas the Camaro and Firebird are true sports cars. I say bring it over here because in a few years the US is going to be dominated by all-wheel drive turbo Japanese cars. Don't loose out GM!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Don't worry about all those awd Japanese cars Ford and Daimler Chrystler are steeping up a notch to compete. (Ram SRT-10, Neon SRT-4, hopfully the Razor too) Plus GM killed the F-Bodies so now would be a good time to introduce something new. Something with power and handling at a relativly low price.(basically another thing the imports can't touch in price compared to performance)

-BobVila

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Originally posted by BobVila:
Don't worry about all those awd Japanese cars Ford and Daimler Chrystler are steeping up a notch to compete. (Ram SRT-10, Neon SRT-4, hopfully the Razor too) Plus GM killed the F-Bodies so now would be a good time to introduce something new. Something with power and handling at a relativly low price.(basically another thing the imports can't touch in price compared to performance)

-BobVila
I am not worried. If I don't buy a Neon SRT-4, I will end up with a Lancer Evolution VII!!! I actually like those things.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Oh, this car will blow away the firebird and the camaro. From what I've read, this thing has a 0-60 of 4.9secs, and out handles the f-bodies on the skid pad and slalom

·
Registered
866 Posts
They've been teasing the U.S. for years with rumors of those being imported to be re-badged and replace something in the current line up. The most recent one is that the CommodoreSS will come over as the new Impala SS. Yeah...the big 3 really screw us here in the U.S. Did you know in Mexico you can still buy full-size Ramchargers? they are based on the 94+ ram, and they look bad-ass. We'll never see one though

·
Registered
866 Posts
We'll bring back some Tequilla and Ramchargers!:biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts