DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, well I folowed suit on corey's
94intrepidES] idea and moved my pcm and evap can so I could fit my cone filter down in front of the passenger wheel well. I went from a stock airbox with silencer removed to this. Damn! I can DEFINATELY feel the difference! I dont know if its only 5 extra horsies it added, but it has more acceleration from anywhere [from a stop, 20, 40, 65, even has better acceleration from 75 mph!] Ahem, hopefully this doesnt go away for some reason! [*knock on wood*]

Corey: did you notice a signifigant difference when you moved your intake down there? I hope this isnt just in my head! [but my roommate was with me, he rides with me everywhere, and he agreed that it has more power]

Ok, so are we the only two on this board that have done this? I think its an inexpensive mod that definately makes for dramatic results [I gotta go race someone!!
:D ]

·
Registered
415 Posts
What did you do? You stuck the cone filter down in the passenger side wheel well? :confused:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
hmmm...giving me ideas...when i get bored alot...mwahahaha :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by 97purple_trep:
ok, well I folowed suit on corey's
94intrepidES] idea and moved my pcm and evap can so I could fit my cone filter down in front of the passenger wheel well. I went from a stock airbox with silencer removed to this. Damn! I can DEFINATELY feel the difference! I dont know if its only 5 extra horsies it added, but it has more acceleration from anywhere [from a stop, 20, 40, 65, even has better acceleration from 75 mph!] Ahem, hopefully this doesnt go away for some reason! [*knock on wood*]

Corey: did you notice a signifigant difference when you moved your intake down there? I hope this isnt just in my head! [but my roommate was with me, he rides with me everywhere, and he agreed that it has more power]

Ok, so are we the only two on this board that have done this? I think its an inexpensive mod that definately makes for dramatic results [I gotta go race someone!!
:D ]
pictures please

·
Registered
530 Posts
Another thing.....

I drove home this time with the MSD working, the intake as shown in the previous link, and my throttle body plates and did much better in may. In may I had the temp. setup with the filter under the hood, the msd not working, and everything else as is. Then I got 26.5 mpg, I average 78 mph going home, stop twice and the occassional bursts up to 90, plus this is hilly and mountain driving. All of that goes into the 26.5 mpg. This time I got 28.7 mpg doing the same speeds as before. Much improved for sure. The car will turn a good 79 mpg at 2500 rpm now on flat land. If I could drive the speed limit or from 65 to 70 mph more often I could in theory get close to or reach 30 mpg. Have fun and happy thanksgiving everybody!!!

Oh and the only other person I know who moved their stuff like me is 95-TREP-ES and he had a chrome intake off some honda but it doesn't curve down yet but I think he said it helped a tad since he hasn't been able to mod it to go further down.

[ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: 94IntrepidES ]

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am planning on re-locating the PCM and Evap canister soon, I've saved and printed 94's "how-to" on this already for reference. Hopefully I'll be doing it soon! I was going to custom fabricate a new air piping sytem that connects the T-bodies, I'll fill in more as it goes along. Also I was considering doing a 'converter lock out' switch to stop the TCC from locking up the converter until I say so. If interested in that, lemme know.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
U know, pimped, thats a good question? it depends on whats under your airbox? Is the pcm and evap canister down there? I havent actually poked around under the hood of a 3.3 ever, but it seems like it will work.

the idea is to move the pcm closer to the frame rail, and move the evap canister closer to the front, or the headlights. Theres a piece of metal, large bracket kid of, that stretches between the wheel well and behind the headlight assembly. You want to eliminate that completely, and put some extra piping down to a cone filter that is located close to the bottom of the engine compartment, right behind where the evap canister will now sit.

considering the angle that your intake comes off the plenum, it might even work better!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Originally posted by silver ghost:
I am planning on re-locating the PCM and Evap canister soon, I've saved and printed 94's "how-to" on this already for reference. Hopefully I'll be doing it soon! I was going to custom fabricate a new air piping sytem that connects the T-bodies, I'll fill in more as it goes along. Also I was considering doing a 'converter lock out' switch to stop the TCC from locking up the converter until I say so. If interested in that, lemme know.
i would like to know aboutyour lockout and what it will do exactly?

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey i am looking at how to get my intake down there how exactly did u move the canister and how i want to know the steps and step by step pictures would be appricated thanx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts