DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey i was looking around on the internet and found a wrecked 300m special. I dunno how much the person wants for it but i was wondering what you guys might give for it?

"Hello. Selling 02 Chrysler 300m Special Edition with only 61,500 miles! This car is one owner! Been driven by an older person! Car does drives really good and shifts pretty smooth! Car is wrecked and needs to be repaired! 2 things that will be included with this car is top and bottom portions of radiator support, they are brand NEW from dealership! Radiator and a/c condenser is undamaged. Fans are working! Hood got a light bend at the edge, that can be fixed! The back of the car is gonna need some frame work! Quarter panels didnt snap! Chrysler does carry a Missouri Salvage Title!"

He wants 3500 for it

·
Registered
917 Posts
It looks really good minus the wreck I would love to have a special with low miles like that you could part the car out and come close to making that much, between the wheels and motor.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
"The back of the car is gonna need some frame work! "

Unless you are capable of doing it yourself you will end up paying a lot to get that fixed.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i only wish i had 3,000 to offer the guy and bring that baby home... i want a special so bad lol...

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
because it's salvage I would say stay away. If i'm not mistaken, to get the car recertified, you have to go through a pretty rigorous examination. So you can't really halfass the frame work. Otherwise, you can probably find somebody to straighten the frame (not precisely) for like 200 bucks. Also I assume from the description that front has damage too. That still might require realigning things.

This car IS great for parts though. Like a complete transplant into an intrepid

·
Registered
714 Posts
Can you imagine what TFC would do with that if he got his hands on it ?!?!?!

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
yeah i could totally use some parts off that thing if one of y'all buys it..

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might try to get the money to buy it. I'd have a nice set of wheels then to, and a good engine it sounds. Did anyone ever confirm a 2g to 1g engine swap? :p

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,876 Posts
I'd buy the seats....

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm not sure how it works in other states but in CA to get a salvage car back on the road you need to do smog, brake and light. Other than that you pay at the DMV just like buying any other car. My dad had a dealers license a while back and would buy cars from the salvage auction and fix them (actually fix them not some half ass job) and sell them. We bought my Interepid salvaged (looked a lot like that 300m) and it wasn't that difficult to get it registered and on the road.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i guess i could find use for the wheels and a couple interior parts lol... I might look into it some more.. Thanks for the in put guys!

·
Registered
917 Posts
lol I would by the CF inserts and the mirrors. All together if some one on this site bought it, they could part it out and get there money back.

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
Even if it is fixed and certified it will still have the stigma of salvage on the title.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
inthetundra is pretty much right on that one. Also, it doesn't take much to total these cars out.

Kinda hard to see in the pic, but the back doesn't look that bad. Depends if the sheet metal is damaged or not.

Either way, I think you might break even if you part it out. Just seems that people have less money for cool Special parts these days lol.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
I don't care about the stigma of a salvaged title.. sure, you'll never re-sell it, but I drive my cars till the wheels fall off, or till they are old enough that the 'salvage' portion of the title doesn't make it worth any less than $500... Hehehehe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts