DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive been looking for a new car for the past 2 months since someone wants to buy mr car. So far i researched the SVT Lightning nice car and all, but most of the guys had problems with their cars after little tunning to them.
So i said F#$ that i will look at something else. So i looked the at the altima even test drove it 3 times and went to the 3 dealerships. Well they all gave me there dealership bullshit, and i decided now not to get the altima since due to bad dealerships.

Well i looked at the subaru and have not test driven it? Yet i know its a fast car. i no this kid that got this 4,500 kit from this Manafucature that makes performance parts for it and his times were 12.8 in the 1/4 and 0-60 in 4.4 thats fast ass hell so this is what i want to do to this car if i get it. But i just need some opinions before i loook into it thanks
:D :D

·
Registered
558 Posts
I sure in hell really like the new Altimas, especially the ones with the 6 cyl, 240 HP. Look at it this way, at the end of the day, a Subaru is just a Subaru. Tiny, small, wee, itzy bitzy, no room for anything, cramped, petite, and Subaru.
The Altima, for its first time in history, looks g-o-o-d. And fast with the right engine. The Subaru lacks refinement and amenities. Find a Nissan dealer that doesn't dole out the BS. Pretty hard, I know.
In the long term, you'll be happier with the Altima!

Danny
Capitalcity R/T

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Youre right Capital City. the first time i saw it and testdrove i fell in love with that car its awsome, But the interior looks like crap, and it looks like a Lexus, and so many people have them, and will get them.

Second of all, it will never compare with the wrx in handling and dont forget all wheel drive. Ive seen a stage kit 2 that make the wrx go for 12.4 in the 1/4 :eek:
thats fast now if i can do that with 4 grand. im goiung to go for that car.

And its not that popular. have still to this day have seen a wrx on the road dont know why but damn it will be very unqiue and nice to have the only wrx in town hooked up.
:D :D :D :D :rolleyes: :eek:

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Lighting owners having problems with light mods? Hmm...I doubt it. Very stout internals on the engine and the AOD trans is the best in the market.

My wife and I looked at both the Altima, Maxima (new Skyline in Japan, its true) and the WRX. I love the WRX, but it is too small for us. If we get a new car it's either going to be a Concorde LXi/Limited, 300M or the Altima. Price wise, the Altima is gaining full marks although there is a slew of other cars we have yet to look at.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah its true. the thing is i was up in their forumns asking questions and stuff, and seeing the whole forum out to see problems and stuff.

But the thing is yeah the wrx is awsome LHS which one do you like better??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :eek:

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Peformance wise: The WRX

Style, Comfort: Altima

Plus you have to consider that in a few months, if not now (universal kits) there will be turbo and supercharger kits available for the Altima. A modest supercharger can add about 60% power, so about 384hp and given the weight of the Altima that can theoretically give you low 13s if not better. With comfort and buttloads more style to boot.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
But also remember that both of those cars are a lot smaller than the Intrepid so you are giving up a lot of comfort.

It sounds like your shopping choices are based on what people are saying is a fast car, that's no way to buy a car, drive everything you can and then decide what is the right fit for you.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats what ive been doing for the past 2 months going to dealerships and test driving all the cars. And just today i test drove the WRX and all i have to say is wow
:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
To me, the WRX looks like those old 80's Hyundais. A car that looks like the box it came in. Sure, it'f fast, but how well will it hold up being basically an econobox with an awesome engine stuffed in it?

I like the Altima, it's got style, loads of room and guts behind it. The WRX is an awesome machine, but I can't see myself driving one of them. Of course, I wouldn't mess with one either! ;)

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
FYI: Interiorwise (is that a word?) the Altima is not much smaller than the Intrepid.

As for the "new SS/T" if it is anything like the last one, it won't be that special, hemi be damned, and since projections show Ford to be on a power kick, it'll still be behind the Lightning.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
out of those 2 i like the WRX better. purely opinion but i love the looks of the WRX, not to mention they are pretty damn quick.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts