DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

i want to buy two DRL modules. one for my 300M and the other one for a friend of me. does anybody has these parts for sale?

thx
mathias

·
Registered
296 Posts
what is a DRL module I have and LSH that im parting out that might have one but you would have to tell me where to look to find it

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
luisa said:
I have a fuse junction box from a 2000 300m, maybe i can check if it has drl's (module)?
The DRL module is located on the inside fuse compartment on the door side, looks like a little black plastic box in case you've never seen one. :fun_06:

·
Banned
972 Posts
You will most likely only find that module on a non-US market LH vehicle. I have been looking for one for a while now and have never found one on a US market car. I know that they put them in the Canadian Cars, other than that I'm not sure.
Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong....it's happened before ;)

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Gigamight said:
You will most likely only find that module on a non-US market LH vehicle. I have been looking for one for a while now and have never found one on a US market car. I know that they put them in the Canadian Cars, other than that I'm not sure.
Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong....it's happened before ;)
Yeah DRL aren't mandatory in the US but they are in Canada so ask TFC he might be able to help you out.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
i can check out a local yard, there are like 6 treps there all Canadian so they will have the module...

what are they worth anyways,,, just so i dont go there for nothing LOL....

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
linuxglobal said:
i can check out a local yard, there are like 6 treps there all Canadian so they will have the module...

Well you could pirate them for nothing and sell them for like $15 ..... :brow2:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
linuxglobal said:

Find me some nice leather seats while you're at it Ciprian, lol.
*Sorry didn't mean to hijack*

fossy123 said:
hi guys,

i want to buy two DRL modules. one for my 300M and the other one for a friend of me. does anybody has these parts for sale?

thx
mathias
I think I may have a DRL module sitting somewhere, I'll look for it.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
LOL i wanted to know before i go to the yard. Ie if the yard wants 10$ per module and the guy only wants to spend 5$ then i wont waste my money to get them LOL.... (PS... i disconnected DRL HEHE).

Phil,

They just had a concorde there (2.7L) with leather ill ask about the price.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
DRL's have been mandatory on Canadian cars since 1990 or 1991. First gens also had them but they were in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
hey speaking of DRL's, Linux, I have them as well, Will I have to disconnect them as well to install the projectors,or HID'S to my 2-Gen Trep?.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
luisa said:
hey speaking of DRL's, Linux, I have them as well, Will I have to disconnect them as well to install the projectors,or HID'S to my 2-Gen Trep?.
Not if you're jsut putting in projectors wit regular bulbs. If you're going to go with HID I'm pretty sure the DRLs won't work because if they're the same as the GM ones, they are just dimmed headlights. I don't think HIDs will work right with the reduced voltage. I'm not familiar with the non-US LHs so I don't know if they have a different setup for the DRLs or not.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
Not if you're jsut putting in projectors wit regular bulbs. If you're going to go with HID I'm pretty sure the DRLs won't work because if they're the same as the GM ones, they are just dimmed headlights. I don't think HIDs will work right with the reduced voltage. I'm not familiar with the non-US LHs so I don't know if they have a different setup for the DRLs or not.
It's not going to matter bcs the DRL use the High beams on low voltage not the Low beams. And if you ever do a retro you would go with the Low beam projector HID wich will work fine with the DRLs. I actually modded my DRLs to stay on with the Low beams so I got the HID projectors in the lows and yellow 9005's in the highs to make a nice contrast.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts