DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have any leads on a column multifunction switch? The stalk that controls the wiper/highbeams.

My low beams won't come on anymore, and I work 2nd shift so I need one in a hurry. Driving around with my off-road all-weather fogs isn't going to cut it. High Beams still work, but again, not even close to legal.

From what I hear, Napa is about $60 + shipping. I'm hoping someone has a lead for something cheaper, but if not, I'll have to go out and buy one on Tuesday.

From what I understand, they're the same from first to second Gen.

Let me know if you can help.

added:
Heres a pic of the entire unit:

·
Dain bramaged
7,212 Posts
the 2g will fit in a 1g.. but I'm not sure about the other way around, as the one plug on a 2g has different "keys" the plug is the same, but it has more bumps..

that being said.. I have the old one from my 1st gen.. the only reason i replaced it is cuz the end has the typical sun fad, and i had found a perfect one from a concord in the junkyard..

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Beleive it or not...I have an extra one laying here on a steering column. Its almost new, I bought the column for the wheel and radio controls. The car only had about 15000 miles on it when it got wrecked.

I'll give it to ya for 35 shipped.

--Gorm

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, the 2G one I bought fell through and the 1G switch didn't work. I checked the relay and fuses so I'm sure it's the switch.

Anyone else have one? I can find 1G switches all over the place, but not a 2G. I can't seem to find them for less than $120 new. I have only checked web-sites, though, haven't actually gone into any retail stores to look.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a 99 LHS here that I just pulled the steering wheel off of lastnight so that part will be easy to get off.
Still need it?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I've no idea whats with that. The one Veeborg sent me was horrendous. I'm going to use his as a guinea pig and see if I can paint it. The flat look might look good.

·
Registered
202 Posts
not sure how this would turn out but how about going to the hardware store and buying some of that rubberized coating that you dip the handles of pliers in,you can get that in red and black?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts