DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in a set of 2nd Gen Intrepid OEM Fog Lights .

·
Woober Goobers!
50,299 Posts
Fred.....you might want to hit up Ebay for a pair of aftermarket Depot brand fog lights. The chrome plating on the inside is better than OEM with better light output.

I've got a pair of them on the Ricer R/T for over 10 years and the lenses and chrome plating look brand new. I'll check to see if I have a spare set of either OEM or aftermarket in storage later this week if you can wait.

Reactions: Railoffroader2

·
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fred.....you might want to hit up Ebay for a pair of aftermarket Depot brand fog lights. The chrome plating on the inside is better than OEM with better light output.

I've got a pair of them on the Ricer R/T for over 10 years and the lenses and chrome plating look brand new. I'll check to see if I have a spare set of either OEM or aftermarket in storage later this week if you can wait.
Just saw this after commenting about it on Whore Thread..... if you have OEM or you recommend the Depot branded aftermarket I’ll give them a go!

·
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only thing is I plan to put either LED’s or HID’s in them, haven’t decided yet.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,299 Posts
The reflective coating on OEM fog lights is sorely lacking. It'll turn dark with any heat. Even the stock bulb.

The Depot brand and other aftermarket fog lights have an actual chrome plating that stays and doesn't degrade.

·
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reflective coating on OEM fog lights is sorely lacking. It'll turn dark with any heat. Even the stock bulb.

The Depot brand and other aftermarket fog lights have an actual chrome plating that stays and doesn't degrade.
I’ll take your recommendation, if you have a set of Depots let me know.
I was primarily concerned with the fitting in the bumper with the aftermarkets not knowing if they’d have gaps like some of the aftermarket headlights.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,299 Posts
The Depot fog lights I have in the R/T fit the bumper opening perfectly.

PA200005.JPG

·
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good, I don’t suppose you have another set for sale?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,299 Posts
Fred...it'll be a few days before I get to storage and poke around. If you can wait that long.

·
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yessir

·
Woober Goobers!
50,299 Posts
Otherwise..if I have some crap OEM fog lights in storage I can exchange them for the Depots in the R/T and sell you those cheap. Or at least cheaper than what they're going for on Eghey these days. Just would need something to fill the holes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts