DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, as some may know my bro rear ended someone with the 97 Trep. I'm trying to fix it up fairly cheaply. I would prefer stuff from the Ohio area so I can come pick it up.

I need:
-Headlight brackets (both sides)
-Hood (preferrably bright platinum)
-Passenger fender (preferrably bright platinum)
-Front bumper cover w/ fogs (if it's a good deal... also preferrably bright platinum)
-Radiator with fans and AC condenser (I may have the radiator and fans though)
-Airbags (both, I may have them local)
-Power steering pump pulley
-AC compressor pulley (if it comes off)

If I'm right, I think you have to replace the upper dash pad for the passenger airbag cover. If so, I need a dash pad... I think I may have one local though.

Also, if someone has a 3.5 for parts, please PM me... it would be nice to get the passenger side timing housing and cover. The housing got cracked in the accident and the cover got a rad fan shoved into it.

If you think you can help me out let me know, or send me a PM if you need more info or pics of what I'm talking about.
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
i actualyl ahve most of what you need.

I need:
-Radiator with fans and AC condenser
-Airbags

Also, if someone has a 3.5 for parts, please PM me... it would be nice to get the passenger side timing housing and cover. The housing got cracked in the accident and the cover got a rad fan shoved into it.

i have all those parts here and the fender i have is plastic not metal but it dosen't matter. i can prob get you a metal one if you want, and maybe teh a/c pulley. Plus i don't mind driving haha, let me know

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
You dont need to replace the dash pad, the airbag 'door' is a separate part. It screws in to the dash pad. If you want one that isn't warped, you can get a new one from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gr8crash said:
i actualyl ahve most of what you need.

I need:
-Radiator with fans and AC condenser
-Airbags

i have all those parts here and the fender i have is plastic not metal but it dosen't matter. i can prob get you a metal one if you want, and maybe teh a/c pulley. Plus i don't mind driving haha, let me know
Metal or plastic doesn't matter but I'd prefer metal to match the drivers side. Is the plastic one bright platinum? The less painting I have to do is better, although we may send the car to get it painted if it's not going to put us over budget too much. Although the paint from the dealer might be a bit pricey anyway.

Also, do you have the 3.5 parts too? If so, that would be worth the drive. I haven't had a chance to call around about the engine parts yet. I called a local yard yesterday and they told me $25 for the fans and $25 for the radiator, I forgot to ask about the AC condenser but I'd imagine they would have that too.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
don't get it painted at the dealer lol. You can do better ad cheapier then that. Actualyl check out Macco, not the cheap jobs but ya get the high up ones like i did, bout $800 and it came out very nice and that was for a 2-tone as well. I have many 3.5 parts i have a condenser around here, the fender is black i beleive, i'll have to double check, bu ti can prob get ya a metal one if ya want

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gr8crash said:
...Plus i don't mind driving haha, let me know
Good God! You live on the opposite side of PA! That'd be a hell of a drive even to meet halfway. I may take you up on the offer on the engine parts. I'm gonna call around some more tomorrow and Monday to see if there's any stuff around here. I'm pretty sure there is a 96 white Trep with a good fender on it out at the yard I normally go to. It also had good bags so I may be covered on those. Main thing I'm keeping my eye out for is a hood. Those seem to be a little hard to find.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
i can prob get you hood to. And i can prob get you a cheapier price then you yard will chrge you so let meknow what they wil charge you before you get them lol. Also i will be gongi to carisle in 2 weeks, which is a good sitance closer to you if ya wana work out sumtin as well

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't bought any engine parts yet. I still haven't been able to locate a hood either. The junkyard has a green plastic fender but I'd prefer metal. I'm watching a set of airbags on eBay from Defiance, OH for $10 +25 s&h. If someone can beat that for a set of grey bags then I'd rather buy from someone here, but I'm still trying to stay cost effective.

gr8crash (sorry I don't know your real name), if you could... get me a price estimate of the hood, metal fender, and the main thing... timing housing and cover. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go through you on those cause I'm not having much luck around here. I'd still like to look around junkyards in Columbus and see what they've got. That way you don't have to try to fit a hood into your car and haul it all the way here.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update...

I finally have most of the parts for the car. My list of stuff that I still need is as follows:

- Hood (looking for bright platinum)
- Front and rear right side timing covers
- Headlight brackets
- Headlights
- Cornerlights (may go with clear corners, not sure yet)
- AC compressor pulley
- 3.5L airbox (yes, there is a difference, I learned the hard way)

Maybe:

- Front bumper (looking for bright platinum)

Uum, I think that's about it!

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
if you still need stuff come next week, PM me... We're doing a huge junkyard run for Carlisle and Im sure we could grab those items for you cheap!

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
i can get you the timing cover, i have a set of regular corner lenses, air box as well and maybe the a/c pulley

1 - 15 of 15 Posts