DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new wheel where the leather is in excellent condition......I don't need the airbag cover or anything, just the wheel part with the leather (my leather is wearing pretty bad). I'd take black......or something to match my light taupe seats (but I don't think they made a light taupe wheel).

TFC?

Rob

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
They only made black or tan wheels. Your best bet is finding one from an '03 or '04, fresh into the yard. Once they hit the yard, they're usually dead within a few weeks this time of year.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
When i was looking at options to replace my wheel. I found American Stitches, probably the one of the best aftermarket steering wheel companys in the US.

They do outstanding work, however, i was quoted an arm and a leg for what I wanted to do. The prices were like, leather matching rewrapped in the nice leather was like 280 without shipping.

They can also do anything they want to that wheenl. In my case I was going to send them part of the special dash, and they were going to make me a "wood wheel" type steering wheel with the carbon fiber on the top instead of the wood. It would have been a 99.9 precent match to the OEM carbon fiber trim. They also wanted 450 bucks to do it...which obviously i did not do.

I got a very VERY nice black leather steering wheel from TFC for around 80 dollars. This is what I would suggest you do.

--Gorm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.