DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what what be some pretty goo tires for these 2-Gens Trep ES's?
I know they are touring tires, and I dont want to go too crazy with prices, I preferrably wanna stay below$400.00 for the tires. I would like all seasons, touring edition,and really well in the rain,ride quality, low noise, good tread wear, and grip like a bithces nails on ur face,lol,( I have the 16's mag aluminums on rite now!), any input guys?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm kinda partial to the Yokohama Avid Tourings myself. Had them on the Trep for almost the whole 80,000 mile treadlife warranty. Wrecked the Trep about 5,000 miles shy of that, but it would have lasted the 80,000 miles.

It meets all of your expectations listed above, plus they are like $70 or so per tire installed at Discount Tire.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have BFG traction T/A's on my trep and have had them on for about 8 months and about 10k miles and have nothing but good things to say about them.

This is the price from Tirerack for the 16's
235/55TR16
Raised Black Letters Serv. Desc: 96T Price: $81.00 (each)
Estimated Availability: In Stock

·
Registered
90 Posts
maybe a set of coopers

go to bennys and get the cooper lifeliner touring sle´s i had them on my last trep good tire really quite 100bucks a pop though they give u the warranty and junk for them and the do free mounting and **** if i still had my old steelies on the car i would replace them with those thats just my opinion

·
Registered
715 Posts
i am also looking for four new tires. actually have a flat right now. i went to wal-mart and got the goodyear viva 2's last time and would like to find something different. anyone bought from tire rack or other online site and had to use the warranty? just wondering how all of that would work and if it is much of a headache. another question, is it really worth ordering online considering we still have to pay someone else to mount and balance the tire?? thanks.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I have used online prices to show local tire shops and they've always matched the pricing. So IMO, online tires don't add up unless you are buying tires you can't get locally.

Plus like the above post said, it's a lot easier claiming the road hazard or other claims against a local retailer no matter how easy the online places make them sound.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Found this place who deals in used tires with many at 90% remaining treadlife. If you don't mind pre-owned and Want to save money, this may be an opportunity to end up with a set of 4 for at or less than the cost of a single tire. Looks like they'll ship anywhere in the US,

SAW THIS ONE ON eBAY:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-NI...tegoryZ66475QQihZ013QQitemZ230006856975QQrdZ1

[email protected]
1701 UNION BLVD. ALLENTOWN PA 18109
1-866-480-8477
1-610-433-4477
OFFICE HOURS M-F: 9am-5pm SAT: 10am-4pm

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
bgcountry386 said:
go to bennys and get the cooper lifeliner touring sle´s i had them on my last trep good tire really quite 100bucks a pop though they give u the warranty and junk for them and the do free mounting and **** if i still had my old steelies on the car i would replace them with those thats just my opinion
I have the touring SLEs on my car. If you want a good all season touring tire thats quiet and has good wet traction, then go for them. They're decent for the price. I'm going to put my cooper weathermasters on the front when the snow comes and leave the lifeliners on the rear but next spring instead of putting the other lifeliners on the front I'm going to get 4 high performance summer tires because the R/T's handling capabilities exceed the traction of the coopers. For an ES though, they're probably a good choice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.