DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I would like to see who is selling, or who can get a mint Wood Grain Steering Wheel for my
2-Gen 2000 Dodge Intrepid ES W/3.2L (interior is Tan, I have woodgrain on my dash already, my stock steering wheel is black leather!.

Will I have to swap out airbags?, or can I stick with my same one?. I know I wont need any stereo controls from the wheel, just that niice wood look and feel!. I wanna know What years would I need to play with from these Items?. And will I have that infamous Steering Clock Problem when i nstalled?.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

LuisA

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Ummmmmmm, 300M's with the luxury package came with wood/leather wheels.

·
Registered
566 Posts
You can use the same airbag unless you somehow get a woodgrain wheel that is larger or smaller than your wheel, I don't know if they made them in different sizes but I did come across a guy selling a woodgrain wheel who said it was for smaller lhs/300m steering wheels not the 'standard' size, way back on ebay. I have never seen or heard anything about this difference in sizes since so I can only guess the guy was wrong.

If you don't have the steering wheel controls your existing clockspring will be fine as you won't have to hookup the controls *IF* the wheel has them which I think it will ie luxury package, you can just remove the wheel's back trim, it just screws on, and put your existing one w/o steering wheel radio controls on. I think that's what your talking about by 'Steering Clock Problem when installed'.

Ebay's your best bet, look for 300m or LHS wheels and concorde, you'll pay 60-150 for a used wheel more like 80'ish. If your looking for mint expect closer to 150 or higher and you'll probably be in a bidding war with someone.

On Ebay there is a network of 'recyclers' LKQ-east-west-mid-west etc that sell car parts and usually come up with a woodgrain wheel for the lhs/300m's you can try contacting them to request one I don't know how well they'll treat the request but they do get them periodically and sell them on Ebay. There is also someone else, I don't know the seller, on ebay/possibly the internet, who takes your old wheel and rewraps it to make it a wood wheel and sells you someone elses old wheel they already wrapped for about $200'ish.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Avenger said:
Ummmmmmm, 300M's with the luxury package came with wood/leather wheels.

Yes you are correct. But to clarify some more. Its not the entire wheel thats wood grain. Its only from say 9:15 to 2:45 ish, then on the bottom from 4:30 to 7:30 ish... as a clock like how your hands are suppose to be at 10 and 2. if that makes sense. I have to say i too like the way the wood grain looks, and feels. it really luxuious(sp)

·
Woober Goobers!
51,840 Posts
Here's a 300m Wood/leather steering wheel I installed in my 2002 R/T. Before and after pictures with the wood one on the right. That's actually a black airbag cover and black leather on the wheel but the flash makes it look gray. If you're not adding radio controls you just swap out the wheel and use your existing clockspring and airbag. :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.