DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Friday, December 14, I will be traveling to Ground Zero in NY City. While I am there, I will be visiting the "Memorial Wall" at the site.

I would like for any and all members of DodgeIntrepid.Net to be able to leave a message for the workers, the rescuers, or the victims of 9-11 at the wall. I will be printing this thread Friday morning and posting it at the Memorial Wall.

If you have something to say and would like to have your words shared at Ground Zero, please post in this thread. If not, please keep the families and workers in your hearts and prayers. I have known a bunch of you for a while now and know that you have big hearts.

(If anyone would like anything else brought to the site, please post it here or email it to me, and I will be sure to make sure your words, thoughts or pictures are represented.)

[ December 11, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepidatious ]

·
Registered
523 Posts
Intrepidatious, thanks for the opportunity for us to express ourselves. I have found myself wanting to put down in words some thoughts about September 11th. Here goes:

To the deceased firefighters, police officers, workers, and the families left behind:

Words can never make up for your loss, but we are with you and we grieve with you. The great sacrifices made by your loved ones have gained you a family of millions.

Our world changed drastically on September 11th, none more than yours. That day, and all it encompassed, is forever burned into my memory.

As a person and as an American, I shall never forget. As a country, the greatest nation on earth, we shall never forget.

I pray that the evil beings who perpetrated this event will be brought to justice, and that their hateful kind will retreat to the shadows from whence they came. I pray that the wounds of the living heal. I pray that the families of the dead find solace this holiday season.

God bless you all, and God bless America!!

K. Vincent and Lisa Roth
Plymouth, Massachusetts

[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: MoparHead ]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Very well said. I couldn't put it any better...

·
980 Posts
awesome!! I think everyone here would agree 100%, it is amazing that in times of great national distres how we as community of Americans pick ourselves up off the ground and come together to do what needs to be done despite some hardships it may bring, God Bless Americans the greatest country in the world.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Thanks Guys!

If you want, I would be more than happy to edit it so all of us from DI.net are represented. Let me know!

We could do this by e-mail - you send me your name and I'll add it to the post, or I could just put "Members of Dodge Intrepid.net". Whichever you think is better.

Vin

:cool:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I think Intrepidaous encapsulated everything which was running through our minds. Valor is a word more associated with
wars, These people had Valor, selflessly comming to the aid of others over themseleves, thats forgeting our survival instinct! It takes one hell of a person to do that... Certianly proved to the world that American people are not cowards, will fight back, will not be swayed by the cowardly acts which these people(?) carried out... They hit America, we stand, we are hitting them now, they are running and hiding..

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the posts guys...please remember to have all posts in by 9 AM tomorrow morning. I will be leaving for the city then. I will take some pictures for keepsake and post them when I return.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Due to inclement weather, I'm not going until tomorrow, so if anyone else wants a message to go with me, please post!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Someone once told me that there are only two types of people you will see run into a burning building: Sailors and Fire Fighters, because they have had the natural instinct to run away from fire trained out of them. As a proud veteran of 20 years in the United States Navy, I salute all of the brave men and women of the Fire Department of New York for their selfless devotion to duty in the face of danger. I lost eight friends the morning of September 11, 2001 (six in the Pentagon, and 2 in the WTC) and I want to thank all the members of the NYPD, FDNY, NY Transit Police, and the NY/NJ Port Authority Police for their diligence in the aftermath of the tragedy.

Charles Hurley
ET1(SS) USN Ret

[ December 15, 2001: Message edited by: MathWiz ]

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I went down to Ground Zero yesterday and left a copy of the posts that the MathWiz, MoparHead, Dodgeguy and the rest of you wrote...

I was really amazed at how it looks down there. TV does it no justice...believe me. I was lucky enough to see the last remants of the WTC before they pulled it down just an hour after I saw it.

It's very very very quiet down there. To give you an idea of what is is like, you are surrounded by buildings and skyscrapers and they are all empty. I walked the entire perimeter around Ground Zero (the gated off perimeter makes about a 3 or 4 block square) And just about every building is dark and empty. No cars are around you can't hear the infamous "New York honking".

When I got around to the South Side, something very odd happened. (Well at least it was odd to me) Not a block away from the mass carnage, was an open Subway. When I say Subway, I mean the Subway that makes sandwiches and not the underground transportation. My girlfriend and I were hungry so we stopped in and grabbed a couple sandwiches.

It hit me about 3 bites into my sandwich that we were sitting a matter of a football field's length away from the graves of thousands of people. I quickly lost my appetite. We continued to walk the perimeter, snapping photos and gazing with the rest of the onlookers at the carnage that a few crazy people brought on.

I took alot of pictures with my 35mm camera, as soon as they get developed, I'll post them. I hope they bring a new and different perspective to you.

As for the rest of my day in the city, we walked (and boy am I feeling it!) about 65-70 blocks north from Ground Zero to Rockefeller Plaza and saw the tree. I'll post those pics also. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts