DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, what a day already. Driving to work and being careful and people are trying to kill me and my trep.....!

I am in line in traffic to get on the freeway. The light was red and I was waiting in traffic. This guy in this Chevy Celebrity comes flying up like a terrorist, It looked almost as if he was deliberatly trying to ram into me and other traffic. He comes flying over into the lane I was in and looked like he was gonna take my trep and several cars out. I don't know if he was drunk, stupid or ghetto. First he was flying well over the speed limit, he came from one of the left lanes and changes lanes like somone that does not know how to drive he swerves and looked as if he almost lost it into my car. I was watching him come flying up in my mirror the whole time. I was like WhhhhhTF.....!!?? Then I see that it is a city vehicle!! Unfortunately it was too fast to get the plate. Definately reporting that to the city.

Then I am going 75MPH, can't go any faster in the fast lane cause there's traffic. I was already about 2 Intrepid lengths behind the truck in front of me. This damn Mercury Mountaineer keeps gettin' on my ass like I can go faster, I can't. He the keeps getting in the right lane like he can pass and keeps trying to fly around me when there's traffic, he's not going to get anywhere. He's making me nervous as hell, then I can see him in my mirrors flying back behind me. It's like relax man....... Take it easy, shhht!

I then get an open space in the right lane, pass up the truck in front of me and he hella speeds up to close the gap seeing I put my blinker on. I get over anyway. Then this 300M that was in front of me get's over and looses his place because he's trying to go faster and couldn't due to traffic. Then the 300M get's back over behind me and and starts tailing me. There's traffic, no room, can't go anywhere! I then get an open area and hit 100MPH for a few seconds and dust the hell out of all of them. Screw that........

I then get over in the right lane a little early for my exit. This car is driving 5MPH under the speed limit the entire time. I didn't let it upset me, just drove normal and waited patiently.

Then I get a green light to cross the intersection and enter the parking lot at my job. This red Ford Ranger is on the corner with a red light meaning he has to or is supposed to wait for me who has the green light. He starts to go so I slow down, he stops so I keep going. I have to slow down to drive into the driveway of the parking lot, I aint gonna slam my Intrepid in there like I don't give a F$%#, I do. I didn't slow down that much, just needed about 5 seconds. The truck takes off and almost slams into the back of me, he swerves around my trep like a maniac and almost takes the back of my car out. I was so angry I felt like going after him but then I decided to do the responsible thing and let it go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my solution, something I would like to do...... I'm thinking about becomming a Police Officer or Highway Patrol Officer.

If not then perhaps moving somewhere more quiet would be the answer. Is this just the Bay Area or is it this bad where you guys live too.......?

·
Registered
890 Posts
I think its the bay area bro:blush: :blush:

Not like that happens that much in orlando florida. Go figures theres too many lost, slow moving tourist:tongue: :tongue:

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
It's not that bad here. However, this morning I had three cars drift and almost cross over into my lane on a two-lane road. The first vehicle was coming down a hill as I was approaching. It happened to be a massive dump truck. The second was a minivan that the driver was digging in something between the seats. And the last was a Honda or Acura that crossed over half its vehicle into my lane on a corner. This all happened within 1-2 miles on the same stretch of road. I was thinking to myself, if its going to be this dangerous driving to work, I'll just stay home.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Had a jerk in a BMW X5 cut me off doing about 100mph this morning on the parkway passing me in the slow lane in traffic and cutting in between the car in front of me with practically less then a car length's room. All that to have to slow down to the speed limit.

He got to his exit a mere 1/2 second before me. What's the rush?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sucks, some fool goes to sleep or is not paying attention, that's all someone needs....... Just tryin' to go to work and make a freakin' decent living........

Stupid BMW X5, probably some guy that thinks he's the ****. Wow, get the kinda BS here a lot. You'd think that some of those people would feel like asses for driving like that but it seems that they don't.

Man, you gotta drive hardcore out here I tell you or at least be ready to.......

Take care guys, let's try to be safe.......!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Driving out here really depends on how close you are to where everyone wants to get to. Most times, traffic isn't too stupid, but I work off shift, so traffic is usually going the other way. But if I head further down south (toward Detroit) it gets crazier no matter what time of day it is. I'd think Warlord would agree that traffic out by his work (Troy) is pretty hectic especially if he takes I-75 into work. Even right up by my house (north of Pontiac) while traffic is usually decent, there is a HUGE mall (Great Lakes Crossing) and on the weekends, during rush hours and (God Help Us) during the Christmas season, traffic is HORRENDOUS!!! At one point , just north of the mall, there is an overpass that crosses I-75. That is the way I have to go to get home. On the north side of the overpass is another very large strip mall, the exit from the expressway, and the opening to/from a road that leads to another big shopping area. NOW, all this traffic going north converges from 4 lanes into ONE!!!! It makes for plenty of opportunities for moronic drivers and near death experiences! It's just a matter of where and when all the players come together.
You have my sympathy AND my empathy!! Keep ducking the idiots.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Man, you guys must live in some shitty driving conditions. :p I think MoparPerformance has had more driving incidents in the last 2 months than I have had in the last 2 years.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Pimped!!! Any idea what the total population is in your area?? If I remember, the population in the SE Michigan area is around 3 million, though it's under 1 million within the city limits now. But like I said, it just depends where and when. Most of the time that I actually am on the raod, things aren't too bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts