1-800-816-3785
636-861-8333
636-225-7475

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TheMaroonTrepid said:
Sounds fishy. What size of RAM are you looking for. Newegg usually has good deals.

2x256mb PC133 SDRAM. Yeah i looked on newegg, they are slightly cheaper as well. I was just shopping around and found this mob and thought i'd ask.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kcarlos2000 said:
I would not buy from anyone whom can not tell me what brand of memory that I would be getting. Just my .02

Yup, my thoughts as well.How the hell they run a business and have no way of knowing what they have in stock is a bit rediculous. :badcomp:

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Mobo will only support a total of 256mb/DIMM for a total of 512Mb. I have 128 now.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
definately avoid them, because they might try to sell you PNY and you wouldn't know it. i'm not sure about HP's, but with Compaqs there are serious issues with install PNY products. since Compaq and HP merged, your pc might have similar problems.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info. Yeah i am aware of some compatabiliy issues with some RAM and HP computers. I'll try and get some name brand stuff.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
look for Corsair, Kingston, and one other company whose name I can't think of at the moment lol. I personally use Corsair XMS in my tower, and have to upgrade soon (suddenly 512 mb doesn't cut it lol)

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've heard Mushkin is good too?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can someone explain CAS latency and Unbuffered Ram to me? Does it make a difference to the compatablility of ram to my pc?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts