DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying an Xbox 360 Acarde. What does anyone know about them? Pretty much all I want to do is play Halo 3 with it. I dont care to save any movies or screenshots on it. I would just like to play online with it. Some people say I will need a harddrive to even get on the internet with it, some say that it will work and I could get a harddrive for it but not needed. Does anyone own one or know someone who does who can help me answer my questions.

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
your either gonna need a hd or a memory card to save your game and to go online. your alos gonna have to buy the hd cables if you wanna play in hd. the arcade even comes with a wired controller so your gonna have to buy a wireless one if you dont like the wired. for me i would spend the extra 100 and get the pro with the hd, hd cables and wireless remote. even now for this time a year the pro comes with 2 free games

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'm looking into buying an Xbox 360 Acarde. What does anyone know about them? Pretty much all I want to do is play Halo 3 with it. I dont care to save any movies or screenshots on it. I would just like to play online with it. Some people say I will need a harddrive to even get on the internet with it, some say that it will work and I could get a harddrive for it but not needed. Does anyone own one or know someone who does who can help me answer my questions.

Thanks!
if you stand in line at circuit city tomorow morning you can get the arcade edition with a free refurb 20gm hard drive for the same price.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Target has the pro for 300 plus you get a 60.00 gift card when you buy it so I may go with that

Best Buy has the pro for 300 plus you get 4 games none that I want so prolly go to Target.

Walmart has the Arcade one for 199 and it comes with wireless controller and A/V cable
(Includes Sega Superstar Tennis and 5 arcade games) Bonus: Guitar Hero III and wireless guitar - a $79 value!

So the arcade is by far cheaper deal but would rather get a pro and 60.00 would save me that money that I could use for whatever I want.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Being a Halo 3 player online, you will need the HD to save the add on maps (or DLC as microsoft calls them) and the 3 updates they have released. When Recon (an expansion pack expected late next year) comes out, you will also need the HD.

Wireless controllers are the best to play it with imho. Also, if you have an HDTV you would greatly benefit from the HD cables.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the cheapest way would be going with the Pro from Target.

Sams Club has the Pro for 350 Bonus: Guitar Hero III and wireless guitar - a $79 value!

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Target has the pro for 300 plus you get a 60.00 gift card when you buy it so I may go with that

Best Buy has the pro for 300 plus you get 4 games none that I want so prolly go to Target.

Walmart has the Arcade one for 199 and it comes with wireless controller and A/V cable
(Includes Sega Superstar Tennis and 5 arcade games) Bonus: Guitar Hero III and wireless guitar - a $79 value!

Sams Club has the Pro for 350 Bonus: Guitar Hero III and wireless guitar - a $79 value!
Whats the best deal?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ps3 is your best deal:flipa:
Thats what I want but too damn expensive go for the pro thats what I shall be doing later these things are computers and your gonna want memory especially for halo the wireless adapter is 100 bucks Im not sure if you can just hook up a linksys I wanna try though the xbox live is like 50 bucks a year or something i dont really remember but halo online is fun just a thought so go pro its the best deal and whatever free crap comes with it good its free PRO go for the target one the games are expensive any ways so the 60$ gift card is good for halo

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ps3 is your best deal:flipa:
Thats what I want but too damn expensive go for the pro thats what I shall be doing later these things are computers and your gonna want memory especially for halo the wireless adapter is 100 bucks Im not sure if you can just hook up a linksys I wanna try though the xbox live is like 50 bucks a year or something i dont really remember but halo online is fun just a thought so go pro its the best deal and whatever free crap comes with it good its free PRO go for the target one the games are expensive any ways so the 60$ gift card is good for halo
I pay $30 a year for live. I've had no problems with it. As far as wireless internet connections, DO NOT DO IT! Online gaming is all about who has the least lag, or at least in a FPS like Halo. From experience my k/d spread improved when I went to a wired connection (gigabit) from a wireless connection (also gigabit).

As for the PS3, when they decide to make a good game for it, then I will buy it. Till then, gizmos alone will not impress me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just so you know Gamestop has used systems. 159 for the arcade and 169 or 179 for the pro.
The only reason i didn't recommend them is the warrenty; 30 Days max. thru them alone. I have already had the red ring of death and had no problem w/ microsoft's tech people and warranty workers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
But its so fun to fight MS for them to fix/replace it.
lol You could always have the same trouble the one kid did. He had a 360 w/ signatures of Red vs. Blue cast members, other artists, and some of Bungie's staff if I remember correctly. When he got it back, someone had cleaned all of them off.:9lame: I forgot what the end result was, but you can be sure it was not good for MS.

·
Registered
334 Posts
true about the wired connection its better and you wont be bashed about lagging I was throwing the wireless adapter out there just like the computer downstairs gets 100mbs from the modem and my wireless gets 54 mbs the internet is obviously faster wired the only prob with ps3 and 360 is that you gotta pay for online use and that the games are like 80 bucks each Id rather stick with my ps2 that dont work and my psp with my one game microsoft sucks ahahaha go with target pro have fun with it and omg the games are great with hd

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
lol You could always have the same trouble the one kid did. He had a 360 w/ signatures of Red vs. Blue cast members, other artists, and some of Bungie's staff if I remember correctly. When he got it back, someone had cleaned all of them off.:9lame: I forgot what the end result was, but you can be sure it was not good for MS.
Nine times out of ten they don't send you the same xbox back but a refurbished system although with the hard drive from the old system so all of your data isn't lost.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.