DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have a 360 and im trying to run xbox live wirelessly through my desktop.
problem is i cant get it to work

any ideas to what i can do to make it work or if it is even possible

Nick

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
So you have a wireless card in your desktop and the wireless device for the 360 and they are not communicating?

Well what is your network setup? are you using wireless for internet access also or are you using a standard wired 10/100/1000 type connection and just making a wireless connection for the 360 to tunnel though for internet access?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I'm sure from his description, his setup is: 360 connects with network cable to the PC......and PC connects to the router with a wireless card.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure from his description, his setup is: 360 connects with network cable to the PC......and PC connects to the router with a wireless card.
correct is it possible to do this?

·
Registered
843 Posts
I may be wrong but I believe the cable you are using is a standard ethernet cable. You need a twisted pair to connect two device's together without using a router or switch.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
You need a crossover cable. There are tons of guides all over the net to turn a straight cable into a cross over.

Read this and follow it and it should work on the desktop. As for the 630 just use the standard setup.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457038.aspx

If all fails then just hook up the 360 to the router.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If all fails then just hook up the 360 to the router.
i dont feel like running 80ft of cable
im in the basement and the router is in my parents room on the 2nd floor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts