DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
i am sooooooooooooooo ****ing anctious to get that thing, i wonder what the hell ps3 is liek lol

ALi

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
and the controlers are WIRELESS lol, woooot

ALi

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Xbox 360™ is the future of entertainment. With the most stunning games, powerful technology, and intelligent services, Xbox 360 puts you at the center of your entertainment experience.

Connect and express.
Collaborate and compete.

Play the most compelling games. Watch DVD movies. Enjoy digital music, photos, and videos in an integrated entertainment system.

Xbox 360 also opens the door to incredible new high-definition entertainment. Experience Xbox 360 games in HD. Stream HD television and movies straight from your Windows Media Center Edition PC to your Xbox 360

·
Registered
291 Posts
bignoid said:
I didn't catch that. What was so ghey about it?
Let's see...

It came off a lot like an informercial... why?

Having a big crowd, of course full of good looking girls screaming like it was the biggest event in their lives (very believable, yeah right!).

Having a "model" walk up to a stage with the XBox360 in a shoulder bag, doing a catwalk-like walk in a circle around the stage and then after putting it on the table there's the lame dramatic light effect. It doesn't help that it looks like a slim PC case.

They had a bunch of hardcore gamers there, acting like they were soooo cool. A lame moment was the girl who of course had to say, "For those guys who can't handle being beaten by a girl, and tell me to get back into the kitchen, I am in the kitchen and I'm beating you with one hand". Yay for women, they can play games as good as the guys... who the **** cares, it's a goddamn video game!!!! It shouldn't even be an issue... who the hell is measuring their worth by that!? Lame...

And of course they threw in a performance by a lame rock band...

Ok new game system... cool, I get it... but talk about overblown...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yeah that doesn't sound very interesting. I probably would like it if they just had a bunch of nerds sitting around playing Halo 3.

·
9,861 Posts
The button layout on the controller seems to be exactly like the dreamcast, plus the 2nd analog stick.

I would of perfered the analog stick be moved down, since there are so many FPS for Xbox. Having it up high makes it a bit of a reach for the thumb.

PS3 will come out shortly afterwards. It is expected to be better slightly preforming. Not that it matters that much, or that Sony's console hype is believeable.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I HIGHLY doubt that Microsoft would let anybody out perform them. I will always like Xbox more than PS. I don't know why but I do. Even if it looks like a big black oversized VCR.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
bignoid said:
I HIGHLY doubt that Microsoft would let anybody out perform them. I will always like Xbox more than PS. I don't know why but I do. Even if it looks like a big black oversized VCR.
Funny you should say that. In my 25 years of life, I have NEVER seen a company with so many faulty, low quality products/programs. EVERYTHING from NEW Microsoft keyboards that doesn't work with XP, to the optical mice that have glitches that cause them to shoot across the screen to the multiple programs that we all know are as reliable as politician. I know several friends with XBox and several with PS2, and all the guys with XBox have problems with them. None of the guys with PS2 have problems with them.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Thats funny that you should say that. A majority of my friends have a PS2 and none of them will play DVDs anymore or have problems reading discs. This is even after getting the lens cleaned. Ive had my Xbox for more than 2 yrs and haven't had a single problem.

·
Registered
291 Posts
bignoid said:
Thats funny that you should say that. A majority of my friends have a PS2 and none of them will play DVDs anymore or have problems reading discs. This is even after getting the lens cleaned. Ive had my Xbox for more than 2 yrs and haven't had a single problem.
They probably have their PS2s standing on their sides don't they? That can cause warped lenses. I've had mine for god knows how long now and it's my DVD player... never had a disc that didn't play (and I rent regularly too).

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
my xbox has locked up several times paying PGR (years ago, too) and some games you have to delete and play all over again because they always freeze at some point in the game.

my ps2 i have had no problems with, and it has been standing upright since day one

my friends xbox had a ram error that caused the system to crash and rendered the console completely unusable, he had to buy a refurbished unit

·
Registered
795 Posts
With a simple modchip you can put in any computer hard drive in a xbox and get all the "revolutionary" new media center fetures that the 360 has... FREE with Xbox Media Center I've had mine running like this for almost a year now... games, movies, mp3's all on the 80 gig HD.

With the immense wealth behind microsoft and sony they can bolth afford to loose money on very advanced hardware (microsoft did on the xbox) and hope to make profits on the software side. Mocrosoft has the edge I belive by being so experienced in the computer industry... and that is what consoles are becoming... very powerfull, purpose built gaming computers.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Nintendo Reveloutions! PS2 was the worst of the latest gen consoles, so that being said I think that they have the most to prove. And Nintendo had the most dissappointing sales, so I think that they too will be trying to prove something. I think that microsoft had the least to prove so they are my pick to drop the ball when the next gen consoles are concerned.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts