DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over time my TV I use for my gaming is dieing. The screen has become too blurry to read text and stuff. A friend of mine came over to play me in some halo3 but I only had one control. We both went to bestbuy to pick up another control and while I was there I saw a cable that lets you use a VGA monitor. It was 40 bucks so I went ahead and grabbed it. Got back to the house and hooked up the 360 to the 21inch monitor I use for my gaming PC and since the 360 was now right next to the PC I ran the sound to the Line-In on the PC so I could have sound. I have to say that cable was worth 40 bucks. It's very close to a HD resolution or a high end PC graphics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
My brother swears by it. A monitor will have higher resolution than a standarrd CRT TV any day so th eimages shoul dbe more crisp. He's had his hooked up to a 21" widescreen monitor and now he never comes out of his basement except to eat LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,498 Posts
exmilitary said:
My brother swears by it. A monitor will have higher resolution than a standarrd CRT TV any day so th eimages shoul dbe more crisp. He's had his hooked up to a 21" widescreen monitor and now he never comes out of his basement except to eat LOL

Even the older PC screens looks better than a standarrd CRT TV...........I have a old view sonic and it looks better than the 13" tv in my lil nephew room..........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,240 Posts
I'm going to do this as well......just found a PCI card with cable/antenna, RCA slots, AND remote. I'll use the PC for PS2, watching sports, DVD etc. and the TV for everything else. The TV is from some "Insignia" Company, and quite frankly it sucks.......especially the annoying buzzing whenever the volume gets high.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
01ReggiES said:
I'm going to do this as well......just found a PCI card with cable/antenna, RCA slots, AND remote. I'll use the PC for PS2, watching sports, DVD etc. and the TV for everything else. The TV is from some "Insignia" Company, and quite frankly it sucks.......especially the annoying buzzing whenever the volume gets high.
Hey Reggie,

Hate to tell you but hooking up your PS2 to a PCI TV Tuner card is going to be the equivalent as hooking your PS2 to your regular TV. In fact, it could possibly be worse since your source resolution is worse than your screen resolution so your computer will be creating pixels to fill in the screen. Kind of like watching regular tv on an HDTV. It sucks.

Ohh and as far as Insignia goes, it's Best Buy's generic brand. I actually have an HDTV by Insignia, but a little research back when I bought it revealed that it was a re-badged Samsung. Plus with the deals I had with it being a closeout model and a $50 coupon I had, I ended up paying peanuts for it. I don't use the internal speakers at all on it since it's hooked up to a surround sound system (like all HDTV's should be) so I have no idea what it sounds like cranked up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,240 Posts
Well the main reason why I bought the Isignia was the price.....but since you said it was a rebadged Samsung, I wonder if that means that Samsung codes would work for universal remotes (Insignia isn't listed).

I really didn't expect the PS2 to be THAT much better than with a regular old TV, I'm mainly doing it for convience purposes. My computer is right next to the bed, while the TV is across the room. Of course, the obvious question is "why don't you just switch them?" Well, the ethernet port is only on one side of the room so the computer HAS to be there. I just want to be able to play games on the bed, without having to feel like one yank and the PS2 is going on floor, plus my roomate scares me everytime he steps over the cord.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
01ReggiES said:
Well the main reason why I bought the Isignia was the price.....but since you said it was a rebadged Samsung, I wonder if that means that Samsung codes would work for universal remotes (Insignia isn't listed).
I doubt they are all Samsung TV's. I'm sure Best Buy rebadges all sorts of TV's for their use.

Ohh, and how about wireless control pads for the PS2?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,240 Posts
I doubt they are all Samsung TV's. I'm sure Best Buy rebadges all sorts of TV's for their use.

Ohh, and how about wireless control pads for the PS2?
..........................:doh:

Damn you and your making sense ways, Sanders!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top