DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else checked out XM radio yet? I installed it in my Trep last Friday. I should be getting a kickback, cause anyone who'll listen I'm singing the praises. It's awesome! I bought the Pioneer FM modulated unit, so it's a clean install. I'm using the glass mount antenna, and man, is that thing huge. But the quality and reception is really unbelievable. I have the Infinity system and it sounds better than cds.

I'll post some pictures this weekend for anyone who's interested in seeing it. If you get a chance, give a listen. Looks like next year, you'll be able to get factory installed units from almost everyone. Chrysler is going with the competing Sirus system, due out in a few months.

Being able to drive anywhere and never losing the signal or station, changes the way you look ( and listen) to radio. Best $10 a month you could possibly spend.

Enough for the plug.....:bigsmile:

Davewww.xmradio.com

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear you. It cost me $320 to get into it, and I did the install. But I spend 15 to 20 hours some weeks in the car, around 3500 miles a month, so it was easier to justify.

Dave

·
Registered
562 Posts
you can get a module that wires into an existing CD player right? If so how much is it?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Pioneer I bought is FM modulated. Your car antenna plugs into a module, then the module plugs back into your antenna port of your head unit. If your receiver has a IP bus port, you can hook IP to IP port.

Then you tune your FM to 89.1. Took about a hour to install. I mounted the box to my rear seat, so when I switch cars it's easy to yank out. You mount the remote wherever you want. I mounted mine right above the ash tray with velcro. Looks clean, that's all you see. $220 for the receiver, $99 (ouch) for the glass mount antenna. They sell a magnetic roof antenna for $20 less, but you have to route 2 wires around the rear window gasket, then feed the wires through the trunk. I worried about someone stealing it, plus I didn't want to see the wires.

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.