DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else checked out XM radio yet? I installed it in my Trep last Friday. I should be getting a kickback, cause anyone who'll listen I'm singing the praises. It's awesome! I bought the Pioneer FM modulated unit, so it's a clean install. I'm using the glass mount antenna, and man, is that thing huge. But the quality and reception is really unbelievable. I have the Infinity system and it sounds better than cds.

I'll post some pictures this weekend for anyone who's interested in seeing it. If you get a chance, give a listen. Looks like next year, you'll be able to get factory installed units from almost everyone. Chrysler is going with the competing Sirus system, due out in a few months.

Being able to drive anywhere and never losing the signal or station, changes the way you look ( and listen) to radio. Best $10 a month you could possibly spend.

Enough for the plug.....:bigsmile:

Davewww.xmradio.com

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear you. It cost me $320 to get into it, and I did the install. But I spend 15 to 20 hours some weeks in the car, around 3500 miles a month, so it was easier to justify.

Dave

·
Registered
562 Posts
you can get a module that wires into an existing CD player right? If so how much is it?

·
Registered
973 Posts
OK, rub it in! That service is only available for the 48 States! Way over here on Guam it isn't available. Even Canada can't get it, or so I've heard.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Pioneer I bought is FM modulated. Your car antenna plugs into a module, then the module plugs back into your antenna port of your head unit. If your receiver has a IP bus port, you can hook IP to IP port.

Then you tune your FM to 89.1. Took about a hour to install. I mounted the box to my rear seat, so when I switch cars it's easy to yank out. You mount the remote wherever you want. I mounted mine right above the ash tray with velcro. Looks clean, that's all you see. $220 for the receiver, $99 (ouch) for the glass mount antenna. They sell a magnetic roof antenna for $20 less, but you have to route 2 wires around the rear window gasket, then feed the wires through the trunk. I worried about someone stealing it, plus I didn't want to see the wires.

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts