DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got XM radio with the Delphi Skyfi unit. It looks awesome and the amount of music is incredible. Eventhough i have an Alpine 9827 unit i still went with a delphi. Now i kinda have a problem. The quality is not taht great. I have a decent sound system in my car and when i put a cd in its nice. I heard that xm is almost cd like quality but its not for me. Even my FM may sound a bit better than my XM. I went to circuit city to check something out and one of the salesman approached me and we talked about XM for a bit and he told me about this cable that connects the XM receiver with my headunit, that would make it sound 10 times better. THey are not selling those at circuit city but at a stereoshop. does anyone know about this cable? What should i do? I dont want to get rid of xm becasue its great but the quality of sound is annoying.

·
Registered
17 Posts
XM direct connection

Yes get the direct connection cable, and your woes will be over. It usually amounts to an RCA input to the CD changer port on the back of the aftermarket headunit. If you have an Alpine, go to a good Alpine dealer. I have a fleet of trucks uning XM, and various types, and I agree the Delphi display rocks!.
One other thing you can try that costs zip, turn down the audio output level in the menu of the Delphi unit. Sometimes when it's cranked up the FM modulator sounds crappy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts