DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a firewire card (CHP or something), and once I loaded XP, it found it. HOWEVER, it's listed as "1394 Network Adapter".

WTF?

I want to plug my Sony camcorder in and go crazy with my trep. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Firewire is also known as the standard IEEE 1394.

Chances are it probably did detect it correctly... although you can probably install specific drivers that came with the card.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK. That sounds great and all, but why does it come up as a network adapter?

And any recommendations on downloadable movie editing software? I tried the XP movie editor, but it seems like all you can do is edit old clips, not make new ones.

BTW, the card came without drivers. Tee hee!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
It comes up as a network adapter, because firewire *IS* a network/communication standard.......so it basically is a network adapater.

I don't really have any recommendations on software. A friend of mine bought a student package of Final Cut Pro. He loves it. Perhaps overkill for most people...

Chances are, if you really needed a driver...... 99% of all drivers can be downloaded from the vendor's site.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
I have XP with a firewire card and a Sony miniDV camera that i hook up to it.

I have been using Adobe Premier 6.0 to get the video off my camera onto my PC.

I have also used XP Movie Editor. First, make sure you turn your camera on. Then when in Movie Maker, click the record button on the right of the top toolbar.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*turn on the camera * I hope to god I wasn't that stupid...

Did XP make any noise or anything when the camera turned on?

Is your firewire card 6 pin or 4 pin? Mine's 6.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Crap. Then something isn't working... I'll have to investigate...
:cry:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I love XP. Its like working with a retarded person.

duh... can i help you? oh i can, what can i do? can i help you with that? what? duh? let me do that. scribble scribble.. what? huh? its working? what do you want?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Just fuggin' plug yer camera in... turn it to "play" or something wait a couple seconds and it should pop up some **** to allow you to either put it through movie maker or whatever...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts