DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my 02 Deep Sapphire Blue Intrepid ES (3.5L). Got it with 44k miles on it earlier this year, it's now sitting at close to 65k.

Current Mods:

Interior
- Alpine IDA-X001 Digital Media Receiver
- 150 MPH EL Police Cluster w/ 300m needles (thank you gearhead)

Exterior
- Black Spyder Projector Headlights w/ LED Halos
- 18" Charger RT Rims on 245/45ZR18 Nitto Motivo Tires
- All Emblems Shaved
- Plasti-Dipped exterior trim

Performance
- New front brakes/rotors
- Cold Air Intake by J-Intakes

More mods to come. Trying to get my windows tinted and 300m leather soon.

Used Plasti-Dip on my sun damaged trim a couple days ago. Here's a few before/after pics.

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like your trim job! Looks great, I wonder how it will hold up?

Nice looking car!
Thank you, Im hoping it will hold up pretty well. But even if it gets a little damaged i can just peel it off and redo it haha

Nice! The rims and headlights really look sick on that color!

Should tint the tail lights!
Thanks man, I'm definitely planning on doing a custom tint/paint job on the tails eventually.

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
After seeing your window trim, I really want to do mine too. Has held up on my rims great so far! Using that Back to Black works, but only for a short while.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was a spray can, only needed one can for both sides (approx 3 coats on both sides). I picked it up from home-depot. I think lowe's also carries it. The can is sitting on my hood in that last pic so you know what to look for.

·
Registered
14,854 Posts
Sweet Trep!

On the Plasti-Dip, if you dug your finger nail into it, would it easily come off? If not, you might have found a home run.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Sweet Trep!

On the Plasti-Dip, if you dug your finger nail into it, would it easily come off? If not, you might have found a home run.
If you put your finger nail in it and start trying to chip away at it then yes it will come off. All said though its a pretty durable thing really, right now I got it on my wheels and its held up to washes and the enviornment for a while now. Cool thing is that overspray is no big deal because even if you do you can just pull or rub the stuff off!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Sweet Trep!

It's pretty tough stuff. Digging your finger nail into it wouldnt make it come off, you'd have to scratch and dig at it pretty hard to get a hole started for it to start peeling. Plenty videos on youtube of people taking a pressure washer to it without causing any damage. To wash it you can't really use a sponge or a microfiber because it will grab and tug on the grippy surface of the plasti dip and leave fibers all over it. Other than that it's very easy to clean because it's a rubber based paint so nothing really sticks to it. Plus you can just let it air dry without any spotting.

TLDR watch this:

looks good one question how are the halos do they shine good and do they fit good ?
Halos are very bright and noticeable at night, can't really see them during the day time though. The headlight fit is decent, not a perfect fit like OEM but good enough.

·
Registered
345 Posts
When I see Intrepids as beautiful as yours I just think... "Chrysler, when are your bringing them back?!?!?!?" They're thinking about bringing back the Magnum which did not fare as well as the Intrepid... I'd like to see them both re-released. :D

1 - 20 of 64 Posts