DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever removed the last component of the air intake, the large plastic piece that connects to the 2 throttle bodies. I know this is supposed to be a well designed part so please no comments about its not worth it, I just want to experiment with something.

I noticed there are several small pipes/hoses connected to it that then connect to the engine, one looks like it goes to a sensor(probably the map sensor) on the back of the engine at the top, but what are the rest of these, are they just supports to hold it in place.

Is there anyone out there who is running without this part, and some custom piece in place instead.

Thanks for any info you gan give me, if I find out anything interesting I'll pass it on immediately.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
i am working on a design that invovles taking that hole back thing out, not quite sure yet but should be swetttttttttt :D

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
the MAP is screwed into the drivers side of the gray intake plenum. it's secured by a single bolt, and 10mm sounds about right.

are you talking about the PCV tube that connects from the black intake arrangement?

·
Registered
530 Posts
my guess he is thinking of the idle air control motor grant

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I think I got a pic of the engine compartment here, the part in question is circled in red. If I understand the other post correctly your saying #1 is the idle air control motor and #3 is the map sensor? what is #2 just for curiosity.

Part of what I wanted to know was what are the other pieces(not visible in the pic) that seem to be connected to the underside of the part in red that then connect to the engine, there are a couple of them, they look like some sort of short hose or pipe.

This final step may be more complicated than I though I can't just connect 2 air hoses, one to each throttle body and give them each their own independant intake can I:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just realized my pic didn't exactly work, can anyone tell me how to get a bitmap image from my desktop to the forum like so many other pics i see being posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts