DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know what the hell is wrong w/ my cd player in my car, but all of a sudden this morning it doesn't want to work anymore? Is it the Y2k bug 2 years late or what?

It is a Sony Xplod (CDX-4000X). When i put the cd in it makes the normal sound of it spinning the cd and finding the track (it makes the same noise when you switch tracks too) but it never plays. It just keeps looking for the track or something. Anyone have any ideas? It was working fine last night, and as far as i know it didn't get any colder last night than it has been around here.

Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
562 Posts
is it a burnt CD?

·
Registered
415 Posts
My kenwood did that like the second week after I had bought the car. It up and decided it wasn't going to play CD's anymore. The CD spinner motor is bad. I'm getting a new CD player for my birthday, luckily.

Pimped3point3 made a suggestion for me to take it apart and jiggle all the wires and make sure all the connections were clean. I did that, and put it back together and it started playing the cd for like 1 minute, then the motor crapped out again and hasn't played CD's since. The unit was made back in 1995 though... :(

·
Registered
562 Posts
Do you have any kinda of service plan in the deck?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it had a one year warranty, and i just got it this spring... but i cant find the receipt anywhere..........****.

·
Registered
562 Posts
where did u buy it from? someplaces keep your name and stuff on file.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Originally posted by JGarrett98:
I dont know what the hell is wrong w/ my cd player in my car, but all of a sudden this morning it doesn't want to work anymore? Is it the Y2k bug 2 years late or what?

It is a Sony Xplod (CDX-4000X
I believe you just answered your own question there. Just kidding. I am just not a fan of Sony car stereo, but it is just my opinion based on style and how I like my music to sound.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sometimes when it's real cold my player has trouble reading the cd's.But those are the ones that I leave in the car.

Also,if it's a burnt CD that could be your trouble too.I would try a couple of different cd's and see what happens.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by Sk8-4ever:
where did u buy it from? someplaces keep your name and stuff on file.
If you got it at a place like sound world (dont think they carry sony though), audio king, or cyclone sound they will have your name and what you buy on file. If you go somewhere like sears or best buy you might be screwed. and not even in the fun way.

·
Registered
457 Posts
its probly the deck. I am not a sony fan either, not for car audio. I would call and see if you need to have the receipt for an exchange/return. The Sony's look good but I would consider getting a different brand that is not so problematic.

another 2 cents spent

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The cd i had in there at the time was burnt, but i tried a bunch of cds and they all did the same thing. I bought it from Best Buy, so yes, I'm probably ****ed again there :mad:

but hey, to look at the bright side, i just paid off my car a week ago, so atleast i'll have some money to replace it.

Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm not sure all of what your deck had, if it had an EQ and all kinds of other stuff this probably wouldn't help you. I think Cerwin-Vega now has manufactures decks if I'm not mistaken. Cerwin-Vega is kick ass. I know they started making amps. If you can get one I'd get one, Rockford Fosgate now makes decks and they seem like they kick ass.

I saw a cheap Advent CD Player deck at Sears that seemed nice, looked clean and had a hell of a cheap price, I actually considered it.

You may want to contact SONY and find out if this has been a problem with others otherwise it may have just been a F'd up coincidence.

Take care, good luck with that!
MoparPerformance :cool:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
aight, this is just screwed up... I was going to call Sony today after school to see if i could get my deck replaced, but when i got in my car it all of a sudden decided to start playing the cd?

I think my car is haunted.... :(

·
Registered
602 Posts
Aint that some shhht? Man, don't you love electronics. I am a systems technician and it's these types if intermittentcies I hate the most and are usually the most difficult to troubleshoot. Sounds like a possible shorted connection somewhere either with a connector or inside the unit for it to intermittently fail as it did.

Good Luck,
MoparPerformance :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts