DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Im Trevor, I just bought today a 1997 Intrepid (sport?) I already love it. Im 17, and just sold my 1991 Grand Prix SE (two door) Which I loved, but needed 2000$ in work to be inspected... My intrepid is 97, says sport on the back, 97k miles, was 4000$+grand prix, which was in horrible condition. The intrepid looks awesome, sunroof, power everything, had all the service records, any recalls on anything i should be aware of? Also, what does the Sport mean? Anything i should know about this car? thanks

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
welcome to the boards and FIRST GENS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with that out of the way, make sure that the water pump/timing belt has been replaced, and get the tranny serviced with a flush and atf+3

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
dabirdz96 said:

with that out of the way, make sure that the water pump/timing belt has been replaced, and get the tranny serviced with a flush and atf+3
I would HIGHLY suggest spending the little extra and go with ATF +4. it is a Synthetic oil, and makes the shifts MUCH better

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whats this Auto Stick or whatever? should I use that when/if i get stuck in snow basically, or if im racing or something? Also, im not a big racer or anything, but is this a quick car? like if a ricer pulls up next to me, am I gonna stand a chance, or am i sitting in a 19 second car?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, I have a set of yellow undercar neons, and the car is red (i dont know what the exact name of the red is...) is it worth it to slap these on, or you think my car will look like a hotdog? They were free to me, never used, and all work. Any thoughts on them?

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
dabirdz96 said:
You sir.... are INcorrect.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome to the boards! Have fun!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the boards. I don't know if your queston was answered or not regarding the auto stick. I have a 2001 Dodge Intrepid Motorsport R/T and it has a Autostick and the auto stick is where either as you know by now you can drive it as a automatic or you can drop it all the way down and use it as a Standard and yes with out a clutch. and as for your car being fast. Well my car runs 14's out at the track so I would say yeah more then likely you have a fast car. But that is just in my books. Congrats on your intrepid. Hope you enjoy it

Courtney

1 - 15 of 15 Posts