DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd in a role for the Dodge Chargers. And 4 Dodges in the top 10. Looks like they got the new body worked out. :icon_bigg :bigparty:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
SPOOK R/T said:
2nd in a role for the Dodge Chargers. And 4 Dodges in the top 10. Looks like they got the new body worked out. :icon_bigg :bigparty:
Body has nothing to do with results at a short track. Cars with no nose can do well. Shows what you know about racing. Elf boy is the poster boy for Dodge. I loved it how every one at the track yelled "boo" in victory lane. Clasic Elf boy.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Another one "I-Can't-Win-Unless-I-Cheat" victory by Kurt Busch. Kenseth should've done to him what Spencer did.
God I'm glad he left Roush. McMurray is not as good as Busch, but at least he drives clean.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
The thing that I liked the most was Bobby Labonte finishing 5th. The first top five for Petty since 2001 (at Bristol again if I remember correctly). Kyle finished in the top 20 as well.

I wonder what will happen to Jeff Gordon for shoving Matt Kenseth. I still can't get over Gordon doing that. Those short tracks sure do get people fired up don't they ?

What a crazy race. How about that poor rookie Brent Sherman. I think everybody on the track must have hit him at least once !

I told the wife that once Busch got to second he'd run over anybody who was in his way. Nice comebacks as well for Kasey Kahne and Ryan Newman.

I'm glad Dodge won and even happier for Petty Enterprises but I still don't like Kurt Busch (and I'm not too fond of his brother either).

McMurray may not win a championship but I do think he'll win for Roush this year and wouldn't be surprised at all if he finishes in the top 10. He's a good guy and deserves all the success he can get.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
adaptabl said:
Body has nothing to do with results at a short track. Cars with no nose can do well. Shows what you know about racing. Elf boy is the poster boy for Dodge. I loved it how every one at the track yelled "boo" in victory lane. Clasic Elf boy.
I forgot more about stock car racing in the last 2 sec's. Than you know about in your whole life Mr. Negtive. And they have been having trouble, with getting the blance right on the Dodges.( Dumb **** )

·
Registered
167 Posts
I agree with moparman. I was so pumped to see bobby labonte get a top 5 finish. even though kurt won, it was tainted like most of his other wins with the last second spin out, it's still a mopar in victory lane 2 weeks in a row.

o/t, did anybody else catch dw's comment about the little debbie car, after they mentioned how she has grown up to be a vp for some company, maybe save mart?

I don't think he meant it to sound the way it did, or if my mind is always in the gutter, but it made me laugh when he said how "little debbie has never had a ride like that"

·
Registered
167 Posts
This is, might I add, two weeks in a row that Petty ent. got top 10 finishes.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Damn...just damn...Bad day for JJ and the #48 crew. Maybe Chad should stay away from the pits?! lol! Oh well...still lots of racing to do! :biggrin:

The Elf needs a swift kick to the groin for that crap yesterday...oh well...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Finally, a race that kept me awake for the whole thing. The last few have been real snoozers. I am a huge Gordon fan ( I love the Dodge guys too...) and I was happy to see him get so riled up at the end!!
It shows he is back into racing, and still has some emotion left, and is not just a well mannered, politically correct sponsor controlled robot.

And way to go Petty Enterprises!!! That is nice to see too.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
LOL! Yeah...always fun to see Gordon get fired up...he's usually a pretty mellow guy. Good to see there's still some fire in him!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
SPOOK R/T said:
I forgot more about stock car racing in the last 2 sec's. Than you know about in your whole life Mr. Negtive. And they have been having trouble, with getting the blance right on the Dodges.( Dumb **** )

Aero balance means nothing at Bristol. Looks like you don't have any knowledge to forget about stock car racing. Get your head out of your ass. Texas will be the next real test for Aero balance for Dodge. Guys like you make me laugh. You don't know **** and keep running your mouth off. :fies_06:

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
adaptabl said:
Aero balance means nothing at Bristol. Looks like you don't have any knowledge to forget about stock car racing. Get your head out of your ass. Texas will be the next real test for Aero balance for Dodge. Guys like you make me laugh. You don't know **** and keep running your mouth off. :fies_06:
Then at anything over 100mph and less then 180mph there is no aero drag????????????? Your the BIGGEST **** FOR BRAINS ON THIS SITE. You never have anything good to say about anything MR. NEGATIVE.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I got to see the race live in person! It was awesome! I cheered as loud as I could when Busch moved kenseth out of the way! Awesome move! I love Penske Racing and wish it would have been Newman there but oh well he had a good day too! Everyone says Busch's bump and run was a "cheap shot". Did we all forget the driving style of Dale Earnhart Sr. It was ok for him why not everyone else?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sk8-4ever said:
I got to see the race live in person! It was awesome! I cheered as loud as I could when Busch moved kenseth out of the way! Awesome move! I love Penske Racing and wish it would have been Newman there but oh well he had a good day too! Everyone says Busch's bump and run was a "cheap shot". Did we all forget the driving style of Dale Earnhart Sr. It was ok for him why not everyone else?
I agree. If he did not do it. Kevin Harvick would have done it to him. Hell he did not even scratch the nose on his car. He just got him a little aero lose. Dam how could that be. Because MR. NEGATIVE said aero means nothing at Bristol. :bigok:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sk8-4ever said:
What was so awesome about that move? Its not like he could beat anyone from Roush fair.
God I wish Kenseth did to him what Spencer.

By the way ...

·
Registered
562 Posts
SPOOK R/T said:
I agree. If he did not do it. Kevin Harvick would have done it to him. Hell he did not even scratch the nose on his car. He just got him a little aero lose. Dam how could that be. Because MR. NEGATIVE said aero means nothing at Bristol. :bigok:
In your defense Spook, Dale Jr. did talk about an aero tight car at one point in the race. Aero is important for almost every track some more sigificant than other. Just happens at bristol if you flatten a fender it won't matter as much if you do it at daytona.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Red Star 1 said:
What was so awesome about that move? Its not like he could beat anyone from Roush fair.
God I wish Kenseth did to him what Spencer.
What's not fair about the bump and run. He would have passed him anyways. This just made it quicker. Busch did it with finesse (Not that I am a Kurt fan) but Kenseth did it to Gordon like he was ending a high speed chase on a rerun of COPS. Not cool.

Unless he was actually trying to wreck Gordon, and not just pass him, it showed very little driver skill. And to wreck a guy for third place instead of fourth is a little different than a bump for the win...

Unlike Stewart, and Gordon earlier who did it to Truex Jr., but it was very clear what their purpose was. It wasn't a bump and run, it was a bump and get the hell out of our way.
Oh well, thats why everyone has their own opinions I guess. What do I know?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Memorable scanner qoutes-
#5 kyle busch- "You guys are going to be mad, i left a present in the car" Crew "what?" Kyle-"yea I wedged my sandwich in the cup holder"
#8 Dale Jr.... Spotter-"Car 43 is behind you" Jr.-"I know I gotta ****ing mirror, I aint stupid"
#88 jarret DJ-The 24 and 5 should be added to the dumbass ass driver list
#7 Robby Gordon robby-"Why the **** are we being penalized" crew-"nascar says your too mad robby" "Ain't ****ing mad. That tower is full of ****ers" Crew-"Robby this is why they are holding you! calm down and you can go!"

·
Registered
380 Posts
lane24 said:
What's not fair about the bump and run. He would have passed him anyways. This just made it quicker. Busch did it with finesse (Not that I am a Kurt fan) but Kenseth did it to Gordon like he was ending a high speed chase on a rerun of COPS. Not cool.

Unless he was actually trying to wreck Gordon, and not just pass him, it showed very little driver skill. And to wreck a guy for third place instead of fourth is a little different than a bump for the win...

Unlike Stewart, and Gordon earlier who did it to Truex Jr., but it was very clear what their purpose was. It wasn't a bump and run, it was a bump and get the hell out of our way.
Oh well, thats why everyone has their own opinions I guess. What do I know?
If Busch was gonna pass Kenseth he would've done it sooner than lap 496 out of 500. Busch knew there was no way that he was gonna win if he drives clean, so only way to pass Kenseth was to bump him.
So if it was "bump to get out of way" why doesn't all drivers start bumping each other instead trying to pass them clean?
Busch is an idiot. Ford guys didn't liked him when he was driving for Roush, and I'm pretty sure that majority of Mopar guys don't like him now when he's driving for Penske. I'm big Roush Racing fan and I was so glad when he left.

·
Registered
322 Posts
What I meant by "bump to get out of my way" I was referring to Stewart knocking on Truex. He was trying to squeeze out the 24 car because of his spin on the earlier laps, and Tony nailed him to show him that he is still a rookie, and maybe not push the issue with the veterans. Gordon got into him (or under him) because he slowed up to let a lead lap car in without checking out what was coming up behind. True, Gordon could have checked up a little too, but who knows who would have driven up his a$$.

I agree the bump is not the best way to pass a guy, and I don't like Kurt Busch so I can't believe I am defending him. (I like the roush guys even less...) It was a cool pass though.
I'm not sure who said it once but it might have been Petty, but he complained after getting wiped out "I realize you wanted the spot, but did you have to wreck me just to move up 15 feet?" or something like that.
Anyway, it was still a great race.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts