DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 40 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well today I did my lower grille to match up with the upper grill.
Sanded and painted my lower grille block to match up with the slowly going black theme I guess.

Forming a new body kit:

Pic in the morning after it cures a little bit.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My door pillars were very miscolored. Kind of like if someone were to poor gasoline on them so I decided to experiment with repainting one of them.
Before:

I sanded slightly with some 220 grit sandpaper (lightly as in very lightly)
Washed it off did two coats of 500 degree black engine enamel and a few coats of clear coat

The difference between sanded and not sanded (it looked a lot better in the pictures then it did in real life)

Aftermath:

I think it looks great and really makes that Platinum Series badge pop out.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yep the Platinum series ran for one year only for the 20th anniversary of the town and country. Really not much special about it. Check the Wikipedia page for all the information that is available. Really nothing special at all haha.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Platinum series had Silver accent interior like the pro-am as well as turn signal mirrors like the Special.....kinda like they dreamed something up to use up all the left over parts. I like them and think they are one of the cooler M's out there.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Platinum series had Silver accent interior like the pro-am as well as turn signal mirrors like the Special.....kinda like they dreamed something up to use up all the left over parts. I like them and think they are one of the cooler M's out there.
I love it I just wish I knew how rare it was. Because at times it seems rare like the pro-am, but there isn't very much listed about it. Not that it really matters though. Just to make me feel special.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well I told myself I wouldn't give in, but today I bought some LED fog lights and some Halogen "HID look a likes" because I got sick of the amount of yellow the stock Halos put out.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Got my Hid look a likes halogens and one exploded after being put in...

The guy refunded my money so I'll stop with that one. So instead I mounted my Ballast for my HID high beams.
Easy to get to and nice looking. Covers the gap from the Halos

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
12/1/2012 Installed silverstar zXe lights on my high beams
I didn't take a before hand picture so here is one through my light itself haha AND THAT IS MY PHONES FLASH NOT THEM ON :D

w/o brights

w/ brights

21 - 40 of 113 Posts